U.S. Fertility Test Market - Industry Outlook & Forecast 2022-2027
U.S. fertility test market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.09 % during 2022-2027
A fertility test is a procedure by which the fertility of males or females can assess and search the fertile window during a month. Fertility tests are assessed by ovulation test kits, fertility monitors, and sperm testing. The increasing infertility prevalence and rising maternal age directly impact male and female fertility, driving the demand for fertility tests.
The U.S. fertility test market is likely to develop due to favorable demographic and social/cultural shifts due to attractive long-term growth.
With the help of testing, gynecologists/doctors quickly analyze the barrier factors that restrict the pregnancy. Moreover, the increasing awareness in teenagers and maternal age groups, both men and women, is driving the demand for home care kits. The rapidly advancing medical device industry has made a significant impact on the growth of the global fertility test market. The industry is highly competitive, and the vendors are increasingly focused on making partnerships and broadening the product portfolio to maintain a competitive edge over other players.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE U.S. FERTILITY TEST MARKET
- Recently, homecare test kits have been increasing rapidly due to convenience in testing, affordable price, easy availability, ease of carrying, and safer options during the pandemic.
- The average marriage age increases year by year in the U.S. as young individuals care about their career and financial stability more than marriage. Increasing age can lead to infertility both in male and female bodies. This is driving demand in the U.S. Fertility testing devices market.
- The online sales distribution channel in the industry is expected to witness absolute growth of over 55% during the forecast period. Amazon, Flipkart, & online pharmacies such as apollo pharmacies, very well health, PharmEasy, Hims, Medlife, and GoodRx are some of the country's online sale distribution channels. The impact of COVID-19 has boosted sales through online distribution channels.
U.S. FERTILITY TEST MARKET OPPORTUNITIES & TRENDS
Increasing Adoption of At-Home Fertility Testing Kits.
As per the National Centre for Biotechnology Information study report, home-based fertility testing devices are easy to use and provide accurate results that are easy to understand. The introduction of digital display with test kits also made it easier to interpret the results, which propelled the higher adoption of the kits leading to the growth of the market. The availability of fertility tests such as ovulation test kits. Fertility monitors and sperm test kits by e-commerce channels, hospitals pharmacies, and retail pharmacies give tremendous opportunity for market growth.
Due to the rising concern and increasing awareness, the male fertility sperm test is also made widely available. Most of the time, men hesitate to visit clinics or fertility centers for testing. They can do the same at the convenience of their home using home test kits. As fertility services are costly in the U.S., patients opt for at-home fertility testing kits to test, monitor and conceive.
Rising Concern About Infertility And Increasing Hospital Visits.
The government support for family planning and reproductive health has helped raise fertility-related awareness in the U.S. The U.S. government has supported people for reproductive health (R.H.) and family planning (F.P.) for the last 50 years. It has now shifted the focus on the concern about fertility problems. The U.S. is a large market for fertility tests and services.
U.S. FERTILITY TEST MARKET SEGMENTS
The ovulation test kit market accounted for more than 56% of the U.S. fertility test market share due to the increasing population of first-time pregnancies in maternal age groups and the increasing prevalence of infertility cases across the U.S. Some women experience irregular ovulation in the U.S., which triggers the market growth to determine the fertility window and the menstrual cycle. Around 10% of males in the United States suffer from infertility problems. The growing prevalence of infertility cases in males due to external factors such as consumption of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana and environmental pollution are escalating the demand for sperm test kits.
In the United States, the female segment accounted for more than 70% of the share in 2021 due to the change in women's lifestyles and rising awareness about personal health. Due to the high acceptance of fertility testing kits as compared to males. Reproduction-related issues and the high prevalence of hormonal disorders such as PCOS drive market growth.
The rising adoption of E-commerce channels for consumable healthcare products has fuelled the sales of fertility testing kits online. The availability of a wide range of products on online sales channels concerning the price competitiveness; buyers can easily compare products before buying. Increasing internet penetration and the rising smartphone population will give a new opportunity for market growth.
The availability of digital fertility testing kits created a unique opportunity in the U.S. market. The online sales channel is projected to sell more fertility test kits than retail pharmacies and hospital pharmacies. The online market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 7% from 2022 to 2027.
- Ovulation Test Kits
- Fertility Monitors
- Sperm Test Kits
By Distribution Channel
- Online Sales Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Fertility & Specialty Clinics
- Large players are forming strategic alliances and entering co-marketing agreements to increase their competitiveness and penetration in the market.
- New start-ups and product launches maintain competitiveness in the arena. For instance, Legacy has come up with sperm freezing technology. India-based Inito also has launched a portable ovulation test kit.
- E-commerce is the best way to acquire a high customer base, and this strategy is approvingly accepted in the U.S. by the industry vendors.
- AB Analitica
- Advacare Pharma
- DNA Diagnostics Center
- Fertility Focus limited
- Fairhaven Health
- Hamilton Thorne
- Knowhen (Hilin Life Products)
- Home Health (Babystart)
- Give Legacy Inc
- Lady Technologies
- Medical Electronic System
- Modern fertility Inc
- Samplytics Technologies Private Limited
- Teco Diagnostic
- UEBE Medical GmbH
- Valley Electronics AG
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. WHAT IS THE TOTAL VALUE OF THE U.S. FERTILITY TEST MARKET BY 2027?
2. BY 2027 WHICH SALES CHANNEL WILL SELL MORE FERTILITY TEST KITS?
3. WHAT ARE THE KEY TRENDS IN THE U.S. FERTILITY TESTING INDUSTRY?
4. WHICH PRODUCT SEGMENT IS EXPECTED TO GARNER THE HIGHEST TRACTION WITHIN THE U.S. FERTILITY TEST MARKET?