Colombia Data Center Market - Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities 2023-2028
The Colombia data center market size will reach USD 705 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 8.17% from 2022 to 2028.
The country has the fourth-largest economy among all Latin American countries. The economic freedom score of Colombia stands at 65.1, higher than the world’s average, attracting data center investments into the country. Organizations across sectors such as BFSI and IT are migrating their on-premises workloads to the cloud to enjoy the associated benefits of a cloud landscape, such as reduced costs and increased flexibility. Huawei has planned to expand into the Latin American market with its first Point-of-Presence (PoP) in Colombia, offering cloud services.
Colombia offers excellent connectivity due to the presence of Atlantic and Pacific submarine cables. The country has around ten submarine cables, such as AMX-1, ARCOS, CFX-1, Colombia Festoon, and GlobeNet, among others which are in operation; two upcoming submarine cables are in the pipeline. Further, steps are being taken for the decarbonization of the energy transmission system of the country as the government is working on transitioning from the usage of fossil fuels to renewable energy sources. In December 2022, Elecnor inaugurated one of the largest wind farms in Colombia, consisting of 10 wind turbines with an investment of over USD 18.9 million.
- The ongoing digital transformation and adoption of technologies such as big data, IoT, AI & ML by organizations in the country are driving huge investments from local and global colocation operators in the Colombia data center market.
- The capital Bogota hosts the maximum number of data centers in the country. The city has around 80% of Colombia's total existing data center capacity. The capital provides high-bandwidth capacity while great connectivity to the countries such as the U.S., making it a prominent location for data center investments.
- The country has a presence of colocation providers of both local and global scales, such as ODATA, HostDime, GlobeNet, and Equinix, among others. In 2022, Colombia witnessed the entry of many new operators, including DHAmericas, Scala Data Centers, and Ascenty.
- There is significant scope for 5G in Colombia. The increasing deployment of fiber optics is a prominent driver for implementing 5G services in the country. Currently, 5G is in the testing phase in the country, which will eventually drive edge data center deployments.
- The regional operators are procuring renewable energy for their operations. For instance, Scala Data Centers signed a PPA with Enel Americas for delivering 1.6 GW of renewable power in its data centers across Colombia, Chile, & Peru.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS RESEARCH?
- Market size available in the investment, area, power capacity, and Colombia colocation market revenue.
- An assessment of the data center investment in Colombia by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators.
- Investments in the area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across states in the country.
- A detailed study of the existing Colombia data center market landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about industry size during the forecast period.
- Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party data center facilities in Colombia
- Facilities Covered (Existing): 19
- Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 5
- Coverage: 04+ Locations
- Existing vs. Upcoming (Area)
- Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
- Data center colocation market in Colombia
- Colocation Market Revenue & Forecast (2022-2028)
- Wholesale vs. Retail Colocation Revenue (2022-2028)
- Retail Colocation Pricing
- Wholesale Colocation Pricing
- Colombia's market investments are classified into IT, power, cooling, and general construction services with sizing and forecast.
- A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, growth restraints, and prospects for the industry.
- Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors operating in the industry.
- A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspects of the industry.
This report analyses the Colombia data center market share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments. The segmentation includes:
- IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
- Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Rack Cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH Units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers, Condensers & Dry Coolers
- Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
- Other Cooling Units
- General Construction
- Core & Shell Development
- Installation & commissioning Services
- Engineering & Building Design
- Fire Detection & Suppression Systems
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
- Some key investors in the Colombia data center market include Equinix, GlobeNet, HostDime, IPXON Networks, and ODATA.
- The market has witnessed investments from new entrants such as Ascenty, DHAmericas, and Scala Data Centers.
- The construction contractors in the country have both global and local presence, supplying major operators in the market. For instance, AECOM, Fluor Corporation, ZFB Group, and Quark, among others.
IT Infrastructure Providers
- Arista Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies
- Pure Storage
Data Center Construction Contractors & Sub-Contractors
- Fluor Corporation
- ZFB Group
Support Infrastructure Providers
- Alfa Laval
- Armstrong Ceiling Solutions
- Assa Abloy
- Delta Electronics
- Daikin Applied
- Generac Power Systems
- Johnson Controls
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Piller Power Systems
- Schneider Electric
Data Center Investors
- IPXON Networks
- Scala Data Centers
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
How much is the Colombia data center market investment expected to grow?
How many data centers have been identified in Colombia?
What are the driving factors for the Colombia data center market?
What is the growth rate of the Colombia data center market?
Who are the key investors in the Colombia data center market?