Smart Insights Report “Trusted Service Manager (TSM) for NFC Market
2011" provides readers with a thorough understanding of the
complexity of the NFC (Near Field Communication) ecosystem, and the
need and positioning for Trusted Service Management.
In 2011, many positive signs demonstrate NFC is finally about to
become successful. Numerous mobile network operators (MNOs),
handset vendors, mass-transit operators, financial institutions, and
other players are on the verge of launching NFC wide-scale projects.
The multiplicity of stakeholders trigger complex ecosystems, where
companies have divergent interests, but need to find common grounds
to support the technology take-off and commercial rollout.
There comes the need for Trusted Service Management, which stands
at the crossroads between MNOs and service providers. Trusted Service
Managers, as technical enablers, are responsible for the secure
provisioning and management of the NFC applications issued by the
service providers to the end-users. TSM operators run the whole
lifecycle of applications as diverse as payment, transport, enterprise
security, government identity, etc. For these reasons, TSMs have to
establish strong relationships with all stakeholders in the NFC
Trusted Service Management platforms also play a role in making all
services accessible to end-users. For this reason, TSM operators, as
service aggregators, are in a central position to manage the customer
relationship, and build a business case by bringing this added value to
This “Smart Insights Report” includes detailed analysis about:
- Bell Id
- Cassis International
- Orange Business Services
- SK C&C
- First Data
- Venyon (Giesecke & Devrient)
Trusted Service Manager for NFC Market 2011
This “Smart Insights Report” provides answers to the following
- Why are TSMs needed to ensure a balanced NFC ecosystem?
- What are the multiple roles of Trusted Service Management Platforms?
- How to ensure interoperability between all players? And what is the role of standardization bodies in this regard?
- What are all the options in terms of business models to implement NFC programs?
- Who are the major TSM platform vendors? What is their offer, and where are they positioned in the NFC ecosystem?
- Who are the major TSM platform operators? What are their positioning and business models?
- What will be the major opportunities and threats all stakeholders will meet in the upcoming years?
"Trusted Service Manager (TSM) for NFC Market 2011" provides an
elaborate analysis of future developments of the TSM market. This
Smart Insights Report includes market forecasts covering the
development of the NFC ecosystem (handsets, MNOs, financial
). It also includes specific market forecasts for TSM
platform vendors and TSM operators.
"Trusted Service Manager (TSM) for NFC Market 2011" encompasses
information about all major TSM platform vendors and TSM operators,
and about their products, services, and market position.