Market Deregulation and Growing Environmental Concerns Providing an Impetus for Restructuring the Global Power IndustrySummary
The global power industry has undergone significant restructuring due to deregulation and growing environmental concerns. Economic deregulation initiated in the US in the 1970s hit full stride towards the turn of the 21st century, with an increased level of global private sector participation across various regions of the world. The process of restructuring has played a significant role in enacting and implementing laws and policies to bring more competition to electric power markets, accompanied by effective regulations of transmission and distribution which are ensuring reliability of the grid network and effectively reducing the greenhouse gas emissions from the power industry. Governments have started to introduce various policies and reforms for the vertical disaggregation of the monopoly structure, creating wholesale and retail power to increase economic efficiency. Other factors responsible for the market deregulation include shortage of capital in rapidly industrializing nations, recent technological and information management innovations, emerging global competition, and consumer demand for more sophisticated and diversified products and services. The growing competition due to deregulation has resulted in the creation of well structured electricity markets across different regions. These markets have not only been able to provide effective oversight, but have also been able to deliver economic and environmental benefits.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Market prospects of restructuring the power industry with deregulation and growing environmental concerns
- Key issues influencing the restructuring of global power industry
- Future and current market prospects offered by increasing privitization and technological developments
- Opportunities for transforming the grid operations of power industry globally
- Identify key growth and investment opportunities in the global power sector
- Gain insights in the growth potential offered by the private investments and technological deevlopments in the power markets.
- Developing strategies and policies for restructuring the global power sector
- Facilitate decision-making based on upcoming global power market developments.