Wipro- Blockchain Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s blockchain services vendor assessment for Wipro is a comprehensive assessment of Wipro’s blockchain offering and capabilities, designed for:
- Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within blockchain
- IT and process decision makers exploring the benefits and inhibitors of blockchain as evidenced from the clients and vendor capability
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to identify developments and target opportunities within managed service programs
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in, or covering the blockchain industry and suppliers.
Key Findings & Highlights
Wipro's 'string of pearls' acquisition mindset set in place during the 2000s by chairman Azim Premji yielded three significant acquired organizations that have served to smooth Wipro's entry into the blockchain services market. First, Wipro's acquisition of DesignIt in July of 2015 immediately raised the profile of the combined organization as a strategic design provider with deep experience in transformational work of the type increasingly associated with blockchain initiatives.
The acquisition of capital markets outsourcing specialist Viteos in December of 2015 cured some degree of the negative delta Wipro struggled with in securing large-scale BFSI work in comparison with peers TCS, Cognizant and Infosys, and positioned the company better for BFSI work involving blockchain technology.
Finally, Wipro's subsequent acquisition of Appirio in October of 2016 for $500 million - by far the largest acquisition since the Infocrossing purchase in - provided the technology services firm with a clear route to new offerings based in the cloud; and within that purchase, the TopCoder unit of Appirio similarly provided Wipro with access to a large pool of skilled, competitive coding resources.
Wipro does not disclose its blockchain-specific revenues, but NelsonHall estimates its revenue from blockchain projects at $15m, split 70%-30% between the company's nine live use cases and its ~30 pilots.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Wipro’s blockchain offering, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments in both its service and technology
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, challenges, and outlook
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s key offerings (service model and service components)
- Analysis of the company’s delivery capability (including the location, size and scale of delivery operations; and delivery via technology).
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook