Altran: Digital Manufacturing Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Digital Manufacturing Services Assessment for Altran is a comprehensive assessment of Altran’s digital manufacturing service offerings and capabilities designed for:
• Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital manufacturing/industrial IoT services
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the growing industrial manufacturing services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Altran had, in 2018, revenues of €2.9bn and a headcount of ~47.5k. The company is the largest engineering and R&D (ER&D) services vendor globally.
Altran is organized primarily at the geo level, and then by vertical. The company also has across geographies three horizontal domains, grouping 15 service lines. The three areas are:
• Products and systems engineering
• Digital and software
• Industrial operations.
Altran offers digital manufacturing services through its Industrial operations domain. The domain's capabilities have built on the strength of Altran's pre-Aricent presence in Europe. Altran services clients in the automotive, aerospace, and life science industries and increasingly in semiconductors.
Altran's industrial operations domain has structured its digital manufacturing, offering around four main offerings:
• Monitoring and control, i.e., have visibility on the manufacturing systems operations
• Predictive performance, i.e., predict and improve Opex and Capex utilization of a client's manufacturing sites
• Digital assistance, i.e., maximize productivity and improve operator safety
• Process automation, i.e., transfer work from humans to machines.
In June 2019, Capgemini unveiled its plan to acquire Altran for ~€5.0bn, by late 2019. The combined companies will have 2018 ER&D revenues of €3.4bn and a headcount of 54k, including 21k in low-cost countries.
Note that the profile of Altran focuses on the capabilities of Altran only and does not include any of the digital manufacturing services capabilities of Capgemini. Note also that NelsonHall will publish a separate profile of Capgemini's digital manufacturing activities.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Altran’s digital manufacturing offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
• Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
• Revenue estimates
• Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
• Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
• Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook