Sensor Fusion Market in Autonomous Vehicles - Growth, Trends, Forecasts (2020-2025)
The UAE corrugated board packaging market was valued at USD 12.4 billion in 2019, and it is expected to reach USD 14.53 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 2.69%, during the forecast period.
- Corrugated board is a structure formed by one or more corrugated elements (known as medium or fluting) attached to one or more flat elements, called a liner, using adhesive applied to the top of the flutes. The corrugated packaging is found in different styles, shapes, and sizes depending on the application. Due to its 100% recyclability and cost-effectiveness, it is widely used in the packaging industry.
- The rising penetration of the e-commerce sector in the country is paving the way for corrugated packaging. According to Visa, e-commerce transactions in the United Arab Emirates accounted for USD 16 billion in 2019. Also, the United Arab Emirates represents the biggest annual spending per online shopper at USD 1,648 in the MENA region.
- The rising concerns by government and regulatory bodies in the country are regarding sustainable packaging and the cost benefits associated with it. This is also driving the growth of the corrugated packaging market in the country. For instance, in March 2020, the Abu Dhabi government launched a new policy to reduce single-use plastics. The restriction on single-use plastic is expected to create an opportunity for corrugated board packaging in many end-user industries, owing to its sustainability and recyclability features.
- Many global players have also started establishing their presence to meet the growing needs of the MENA region. Germany’s Planatol Group recently established its subsidiary Planatol Middle East FZE in the United Arab Emirates, to capture a market share of at least 20% from the corrugated cardboard packaging and perfect binding adhesives and glue segments’ solutions that it offer. This further underpins the huge potential for growth this region holds for the corrugated board packaging.
Key Market Trends
Strong Demand from the E-commerce Sector
- According to PMMI, the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, by 2022, the global packaging market for e-commerce may reach USD 55 billion, at a CAGR of 14.3%. There are several opportunities to meet the demands of tomorrow’s innovative packaging designs, particularly for corrugated packaging, which may represent over 80% of e-commerce packaging.
- With e-commerce becoming an increasingly important element of the retail, corrugated packaging stands to benefit substantially. The nature of e-commerce packaging favors the use of the corrugated board as the major medium.
- Amazon, in its frustration-free packaging program, has mentioned that due to the easy customization of corrugated board packaging, the company was able to achieve right-sized packaged for the products, due to which they were able to reduce the overall logistics cost. Also, lighter materials help in lowering greenhouse gases.
- The e-commerce industry is witnessing a significant transformation in consumer behavior on account of the COVID-19 pandemic. For instance, COVID-19 is boosting the UAE's e-commerce business, as consumers are changing their shopping behaviors by opting to buy online rather than shopping at physical stores.
Growing Adoption of Light Weighting Materials and Scope for Printing Innovations Propelling the Growth in End-user Segments, such as Electronics and Personal Care
- Light weighting and sustainability are becoming more important packaging initiatives to engage more consumers. Sustainability is becoming the UAE's key development agenda, with many consumers and companies becoming more zero-waste compliant. Packaging manufacturers in the country are continuously investing in innovation in both design and the materials used, considering demographic and lifestyle changes.
- There is a growing demand for secondary packaging for this region, due to the increasing trend in perfumes and skincare categories. As many consumers and companies are becoming more zero waste-compliant, sustainability is becoming the UAE's key development agenda. Packaging manufacturers present in this region invest in innovative packaging in terms of both design and materials used, considering demographic and lifestyle changes.
- The sudden rise of the COVID-19 outbreak has severely impacted the demand patterns of cosmetics, along with certain categories of personal care products. Furthermore, policies across the world restricting the movement of people have led to disruptions in the supply of personal care products.
- According to Jumbo Electronics (UAE), offline sales have taken a hit, but online sales have increased. The company is witnessing good sales in PCs, small appliances (vacuum cleaners, air purifiers), TVs, gaming consoles, and audio products. In March 2020, the increase in PC sales was around 20% compared to February. It was also the fastest-growing category, both in online and offline sales.
The market for UAE Corrugated Board Packaging is concentrated with various players providing corrugated packaging products for wide range of end-users. The entry barrier is low for this market since United Arab Emirates is increasingly emerging as a startup hotspot in the Middle East. The country has a considerable support from the government initiatives as a part of the country's effort to reduce its dependence on the oil and gas industry.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
- 1 introduction
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Technology Snapshot
- 4.5 Recession in the Global Automotive Industry and the COVID-19 Impact
- 4.6 Market Drivers
- 4.7 Market Restraints
- 5 KEY MARKET TRENDS
- 5.1 Key Patents and Research Activities
- 5.2 Major and Emerging Applications
- 5.2.1 Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- 5.2.2 Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- 5.2.3 Electronic stability control (ESC)
- 5.2.4 Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- 5.2.5 Other Applications
- 6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 Types of Vehicle
- 6.1.1 Passenger Cars
- 6.1.2 Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)
- 6.1.3 Heavy Commercial Vehicle (HCV)
- 6.1.4 Other Autonomous Vehicles
- 6.2 Geography
- 6.2.1 North America
- 6.2.2 Europe
- 6.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.2.4 Latin America
- 6.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 Robert Bosch GmbH
- 7.1.2 Microchip Technology Inc.
- 7.1.3 Infineon Technologies AG
- 7.1.4 BASELABS GmbH
- 7.1.5 NXP Semiconductor
- 7.1.6 STMicroelectronics NV
- 7.1.7 Aimotive kft
- 7.1.8 Kionix Inc (Rohm Co. Ltd)
- 7.1.9 TDK Corporation
- 7.1.10 CEVA Inc.
- 7.2 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- 7.3 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS