North America Automated Material Handling (AMH) Market - Segmented by Type of Product (Automated guided vehicle, Automated storage and retrieval systems, etc.), End user, and Country - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The North America Automated Material Handling Market was valued at USD 7.761 billion in 2017. It is expected to reach a value of USD 12.218 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 7.73% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period).
A growing trend for energy-efficient material handling equipment in North America has been noticed, lately. Numerous factors play a role in determining the overall reduction of costs, associated with energy savings. It is imperative to ensure that a facility’s fleet can run through complete shifts without downtime, due to rechargeable batteries. As a result, OEMs are constantly looking forward to increasing productivity on smaller platforms. Despite posting a sluggish growth between 2006 and 2011, the United States remains the largest global producer of automated material handling products and is expected to witness a stronger output increase through the forecast period with the domestic market conditions expected to improve.
Strong Gains in Automated Equipment Demand to Drive the Growth
Strong gains in the automated equipment demand are expected to influence manufacturers to shift their preferences toward the products that enhance productivity and are flexible for integration into automated warehouses. The rising efforts among end users, to reduce labor costs, particularly in developed markets, such as the United States, are expected to impact the growth of AMH market. In the United States, around 80% of the warehouses are observed to be manually operated, nearly 15% to be mechanized, and only 5% to be fully automated. This fact provides a long runway for the AMH market to grow faster than the industrial production.
Retail Segment to Lead the North American Automated Material Handling Market
North America is the second-largest e-commerce market in the world, after Asia-Pacific. In 2017 alone, the e-commerce industry registered a revenue of USD 458.2 billion in the region (which include B2C e-commerce turnover in the United States & Canada). According to the Global Powers of Retailing report, about 76 of the largest retailing companies in the world are based in the United States. With strengthening logistics networks and growing internet penetration, there is huge scope for automation of this sector in the region.
The United States Dominated the North American Automated Material Handling Market
Rise in the per capita income in the United States has led to an increased need for durable and non-durable goods, which is driving the need for an effective manufacturing process. Thus, companies manufacturing, both, durable and non-durable goods are increasingly adopting extensive assembly lines in their manufacturing process, to meet the demand for these goods. The growth of warehousing and distribution centers also plays a significant role in enhancing the growth of the AMH market in the region. The mining and manufacturing industries, which are highly dependent upon AMH equipment, are also growing due to the inherent demand for power and minerals; thus, leading to the growth of AMH in the country.
Major Players - Dematic Corp., Bastian Solutions Inc., DMW&H, Westfalia Technologies Inc., Premier Tech Chronos, Cornerstone Automation Systems LLC, Oceaneering International Inc., Aethon Inc., OPUS Automation Inc., Creative Automation Inc., Remtec Automation, Shuttleworth LLC, and Siggins, among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- The Robotic Industries Association (RIA), North America's leading robotics trade group, signed an alliance partnership with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The alliance aims to enhance technical expertise in robotics within OSHA and NIOSH. It also expects to improve awareness of workplace hazards, associated with traditional industrial robots, the emerging technology of human-robot collaboration installations and systems, and identify research that helps to reduce workplace hazards.
- Honeywell announced the rebranding of its Intelligrated business, changing the name to Honeywell Intelligrated and revealing a new logo. The integration process has focused on ways to leverage complementary strengths to serve customers better and enhance the businesses. This step includes developing connected solutions that enable customers to leverage data for greater efficiency, access to a broader portfolio of productivity, workflow, and automation solutions.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyze how the growing E-commerce industry acts as a driver for the North American market
- Analyze various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The type of equipment expected to dominate the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months of analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook