Semi-Trailer Market by Type (Flatbed, Lowboy, Dry Van, Refrigerated, Tankers), Tonnage (Below 25T, 25T-50T, 51T-100T, and Above 100t), Number of Axles (<3 Axles, 3-4 Axles, and >4 Axles), and Region - Global Forecast to 2025
“Increasing need of inland transportation in emerging economies to fuel the demand for the semi-trailer market”
The global semi-trailer market is projected to grow from USD 25.32 billion in 2017 to reach USD 37.34 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 4.98% during the forecast period (2017–2025). Expanding cold chain industry, increasing use of advanced technologies such as telematics and stability control are expected to boost the demand for semi-trailer market. However, local players in unorganized sector in developing countries are a restraining factor for semi-trailer market. Modern technologies such as semi-trailer platooning and electric semi-trailer truck have lots of development opportunities in the near future. On the other hand, lightweight semi-trailers and lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO) will be the challenging factors for semi-trailer market in the future.
“Below 25t segment to remain predominant during the forecast period”
Below 25t segment is estimated to hold the largest share of the global semi-trailer market in 2017. The segment is estimated to grow at a significant CAGR and is expected to remain the largest market during the forecast period. The growth of this segment is driven by government regulations regarding weight carrying capacity for road safety.
“Asia Pacific to surpass North America during the forecast period”
The North America region is estimated to hold the largest share of global semi-trailer in year 2017. However, Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR and surpass North America during the forecast period. The expansion of logistics and supply chain industry is expected to fuel semi-trailer market in Asia Pacific region.
The study contains insights from various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1: 55%, Tier 2: 20%, Tier 3: 25%
• By Designation: C level: 55%, Manager level: 25%, Others: 20%
• By Region: North America: 20%, Europe: 20%, Asia Pacific: 50%, RoW: 10%
Major players profiled in the report are:
• CIMC (China)
• Wabash (US)
• Schmitz Cargobull (Germany)
• Great Dane (US)
• Utility Trailer (US)
• Krone (Germany)
• Kögel Trailer (Germany)
• Hyundai Translead (US)
• Lamberet (France)
• Wilhelm (Austria)
The report segments the semi-trailer market and forecasts its size, by volume and value, on the basis of region (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW), Type (Flatbed, Lowboy, Dry Van, Refrigerated, Tankers, and Others), Tonnage (Below 25t, 25t–50t, 51t–100t, and above 100t), Number of axles (<3 Axles, 3–4 Axles, and >4 Axles).
The report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis, industry trends, and company profiles, which together analyze the emerging and high growth segments of the semi-trailer market; high-growth regions and countries; government initiatives; and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report enables new entrants and smaller firms as well as established firms to understand the market better and provides them with valuable insights required to acquire a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned four strategies (market development, product development/innovation, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their position in the market.
The report provides insights into the following points:
• Market Penetration: The report offers comprehensive information about the semi-trailer market and the top 10 players in the market.
• Product Development/Innovation: The report provides detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the semi-trailer market.
• Market Development: The report offers comprehensive information about semi-trailer market. The report analyzes the semi-trailer market across regions and provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
• Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the semi-trailer market.