Automotive Microcontrollers Market by Application (Body Electronics, Chassis & Powertrain, Infotainment & Telematics, Safety & Security), Technology (ACC, Blind Spot Detection, Park Assist, TPMS), Vehicle, EV, Bit Size, Connectivity, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Rising trend of vehicle electrification is driving the market for automotive microcontrollers”
The global automotive microcontrollers market is estimated to be USD 989.2 million in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 1,886.4 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.78%. The growing electrification of the drivetrain is expected to increase the use of microcontrollers in automobiles to a large extent in the near future. The automotive microcontrollers market has shown steady growth in developing countries such as India, China, and the Middle East. However, the demand for expensive 32-bit multi-core microcontrollers in safety and security systems can restrain the growth of the market in developing countries such as India, Russia, Brazil, and South Korea.
“Safety and Security application is estimated to hold the largest share of the automotive microcontrollers market in 2017”
The safety and security application has the largest market share of the automotive microcontrollers market due to the wide range of advanced features such as advanced driver assistance system (ADAS), airbag system, and anti-lock brake system. The increased installation rate of high-end electronics in passenger cars increases the complexity in the microcontrollers operation for the system. This factor increases the cost of components used in safety and security application, which is responsible for the largest share of automotive microcontrollers.
“32-Bit microcontrollers’ market is estimated to experience the highest growth rate during the forecast period”
The market for 32-bit microcontrollers is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growing rate of installations of advanced safety and security features in a vehicle has triggered the growth of this microcontroller variant. OEMs are focusing on research and innovation for widening the application of 32-bit microcontrollers in a vehicle, which makes it a lucrative market for tier I manufacturers as well as OEMs.
“Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing automotive microcontrollers market”
The automotive microcontrollers market for Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. High volume markets with increased demand for high-end electronic and safety features in passenger cars make Asia-Pacific the largest and fastest growing market for automotive microcontrollers. Also, upcoming safety legislations in developing countries will further drive the market growth in the region.
The study contains insights from various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 - 55%, Tier 2 - 20%, Others - 25%
• By Designation - C level - 55%, D level - 25%, Others - 20%
• By Region - North America - 20%, Europe - 20%, Asia-Pacific - 30%, Latin America – 10%, Rest of the World - 20%
Major players profiled in the report are:
• Analog Devices Inc. (U.S.)
• Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (U.S.)
• Infineon Technologies AG (Germany)
• Maxim Integrated (U.S.)
• Microchip Technology (U.S.)
• NXP Semiconductors (Netherlands)
• ON Semiconductor (U.S.)
• Renesas Electronics (Japan)
• Rohm Semiconductor (Japan)
• STMicroelectronics (Switzerland)
• Texas Instruments Inc. (U.S.)
• Toshiba Corporation (Japan)
The report segments the automotive microcontrollers market and forecasts its size, by volume and value, on the basis of region (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and RoW),application (Powertrain and Chassis, Body Electronics, Safety and Security, Infotainment, and Telematics), electric vehicle type (BEV, HEV, PHEV, and FCEV), vehicle type (passenger cars and commercial vehicles), technology (Adaptive Cruise Control, Park Assist, Blind Spot Detection, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System), connectivity (Vehicle to Vehicle, Vehicle to Infrastructure, and Vehicle to Cloud), and bit size (8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit).
The report also provides a comprehensive review of market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the global automotive microcontrollers market. Apart from analyzing the quantitative aspects, the report also covers qualitative aspects such as Porter’s five forces analysis for the global automotive microcontrollers market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights into the following points:
• Market Penetration: The report provides comprehensive information about the automotive microcontrollers market and the top 13 players in the market.
• Product Development/Innovation: The report gives detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the automotive microcontrollers market.
• Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about microcontrollers. The report analyzes the automotive microcontrollers market across regions.
• Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the automotive microcontrollers market.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook