Marine Freight in Italy - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Marine Freight in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container (only LoLo) and dry bulk cargo, by sea- and ocean-going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. The values are calculated by multiplying the average price of the goods per ton of volume of cargo transported. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- The Italian marine freight industry had total revenues of $13.2bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% between 2016 and 2020.
- The Containerized segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $11.7bn, equivalent to 88.7% of the industry's overall value.
- Looking forward to 2021, growing consumer demand and a rise in disposable household income will likely boost activity within the sector, however this could lead to volatility within the sector in the long-term.
Reasons to Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the marine freight market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy marine freight market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Italy marine freight market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Italy marine freight market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's marine freight market?
List of TablesTable 1: Italy marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Table 2: Italy marine freight industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 3: Italy marine freight industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 4: Italy marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Table 5: CMA CGM SA: key factsTable 6: CMA CGM SA: Key EmployeesTable 7: d'Amico Societa di Navigazione SpA: key factsTable 8: d'Amico Societa di Navigazione SpA: Key EmployeesTable 9: Italy size of population (million), 2016-20Table 10: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 11: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 12: Italy inflation, 2016-20Table 13: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20Table 14: Italy exchange rate, 2016-20List of FiguresFigure 1: Italy marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Figure 2: Italy marine freight industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 3: Italy marine freight industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 4: Italy marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the marine freight industry in Italy, 2020Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the marine freight industry in Italy, 2020Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the marine freight industry in Italy, 2020Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the marine freight industry in Italy, 2020Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the marine freight industry in Italy, 2020Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the marine freight industry in Italy, 2020
- 1 Executive Summary
- 1.1. Market value
- 1.2. Market value forecast
- 1.3. Category segmentation
- 1.4. Geography segmentation
- 1.5. Market rivalry
- 1.6. Competitive Landscape
- 2 Market Overview
- 2.1. Market definition
- 2.2. Market analysis
- 3 Market Data
- 3.1. Market value
- 4 Market Segmentation
- 4.1. Category segmentation
- 4.2. Geography segmentation
- 5 Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market value forecast
- 6 Five Forces Analysis
- 6.1. Summary
- 6.2. Buyer power
- 6.3. Supplier power
- 6.4. New entrants
- 6.5. Threat of substitutes
- 6.6. Degree of rivalry
- 7 Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Who were the most notable players in 2020?
- 7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
- 7.3. Are there any regulations currently in place which affect the sector?
- 8 Company Profiles
- 8.1. CMA CGM SA
- 8.2. d'Amico Societa di Navigazione SpA
- 9 Macroeconomic Indicators
- 9.1. Country data
- 10 Appendix
- 10.1. Methodology
- 10.2. Industry associations
- 10.3. Related MarketLine research
- 10.4. About MarketLine