Marine Freight in Germany - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Marine Freight in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container (only LoLo) and dry bulk cargo, by sea- and ocean-going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. The values are calculated by multiplying the average price of the goods per ton of volume of cargo transported. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- The German marine freight industry had total revenues of $11.3bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% between 2016 and 2020.
- The Containerized segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $9.9bn, equivalent to 87.1% of the industry's overall value.
- Looking forward to 2021, pent up demand for consumer goods could contribute to a boom in activity in the German marine freight sector. However, this may be unsustainable in the long-term, creating volatility within the sector.
Reasons to Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the marine freight market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany marine freight market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- What was the size of the Germany marine freight market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the Germany marine freight market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Germany’s marine freight market in relation to its regional counterparts?
List of TablesTable 1: Germany marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Table 2: Germany marine freight industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 3: Germany marine freight industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 4: Germany marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Table 5: Hapag-Lloyd AG: key factsTable 6: Hapag-Lloyd AG: Annual Financial RatiosTable 7: Hapag-Lloyd AG: Key EmployeesTable 8: Hellmann Worldwide Logistics GmbH & Co. KG: key factsTable 9: Hellmann Worldwide Logistics GmbH & Co. KG: Key EmployeesTable 10: Germany size of population (million), 2016-20Table 11: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 12: Germany gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 13: Germany inflation, 2016-20Table 14: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20Table 15: Germany exchange rate, 2016-20List of FiguresFigure 1: Germany marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Figure 2: Germany marine freight industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 3: Germany marine freight industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 4: Germany marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2020Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2020Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2020Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2020Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2020Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2020
- 1 Executive Summary
- 1.1. Market value
- 1.2. Market value forecast
- 1.3. Category segmentation
- 1.4. Geography segmentation
- 1.5. Market rivalry
- 1.6. Competitive Landscape
- 2 Market Overview
- 2.1. Market definition
- 2.2. Market analysis
- 3 Market Data
- 3.1. Market value
- 4 Market Segmentation
- 4.1. Category segmentation
- 4.2. Geography segmentation
- 5 Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market value forecast
- 6 Five Forces Analysis
- 6.1. Summary
- 6.2. Buyer power
- 6.3. Supplier power
- 6.4. New entrants
- 6.5. Threat of substitutes
- 6.6. Degree of rivalry
- 7 Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Who were the most notable players in 2020?
- 7.2. How is new technology being incorporated into leading players' business strategies?
- 7.3. What has been the most significant M&A activity this year?
- 8 Company Profiles
- 8.1. Hapag-Lloyd AG
- 8.2. Hellmann Worldwide Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
- 9 Macroeconomic Indicators
- 9.1. Country data
- 10 Appendix
- 10.1. Methodology
- 10.2. Industry associations
- 10.3. Related MarketLine research
- 10.4. About MarketLine