Marine Freight in France - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Marine Freight in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container (only LoLo) and dry bulk cargo, by sea- and ocean-going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. The values are calculated by multiplying the average price of the goods per ton of volume of cargo transported. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- The French marine freight industry had total revenues of $7.0bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% between 2016 and 2020.
- The Containerized segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $5.4bn, equivalent to 77.6% of the industry's overall value.
- Looking forward to 2021, growing consumer demand and a rise in disposable household income could boost activity within the sector but may lead to volatility within the sector in the long-term.
Reasons to Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the marine freight market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France marine freight market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the France marine freight market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the France marine freight market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up France's marine freight market?
List of TablesTable 1: France marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Table 2: France marine freight industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 3: France marine freight industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 4: France marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Table 5: CMA CGM SA: key factsTable 6: CMA CGM SA: Key EmployeesTable 7: Bollore SE: key factsTable 8: Bollore SE: Annual Financial RatiosTable 9: Bollore SE: Key EmployeesTable 10: Bourbon SA: key factsTable 11: Bourbon SA: Key EmployeesTable 12: France size of population (million), 2016-20Table 13: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 14: France gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 15: France inflation, 2016-20Table 16: France consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20Table 17: France exchange rate, 2016-20List of FiguresFigure 1: France marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Figure 2: France marine freight industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 3: France marine freight industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 4: France marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the marine freight industry in France, 2020Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the marine freight industry in France, 2020Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the marine freight industry in France, 2020Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the marine freight industry in France, 2020Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the marine freight industry in France, 2020Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the marine freight industry in France, 2020
- 1 Executive Summary
- 1.1. Market value
- 1.2. Market value forecast
- 1.3. Category segmentation
- 1.4. Geography segmentation
- 1.5. Market rivalry
- 1.6. Competitive Landscape
- 2 Market Overview
- 2.1. Market definition
- 2.2. Market analysis
- 3 Market Data
- 3.1. Market value
- 4 Market Segmentation
- 4.1. Category segmentation
- 4.2. Geography segmentation
- 5 Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market value forecast
- 6 Five Forces Analysis
- 6.1. Summary
- 6.2. Buyer power
- 6.3. Supplier power
- 6.4. New entrants
- 6.5. Threat of substitutes
- 6.6. Degree of rivalry
- 7 Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Who were the most notable players in 2020?
- 7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
- 7.3. How is new technology being incorporated into leading players' business strategies?
- 8 Company Profiles
- 8.1. CMA CGM SA
- 8.2. Bollore SE
- 8.3. Bourbon SA
- 9 Macroeconomic Indicators
- 9.1. Country data
- 10 Appendix
- 10.1. Methodology
- 10.2. Industry associations
- 10.3. Related MarketLine research
- 10.4. About MarketLine