City Profile - Toronto ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Toronto metropolitan area, commonly referred to as Toronto census metropolitan area (CMA) or Greater Toronto, is located in the province of Ontario in Canada. The area is the major economic powerhouse of Canada, contributing 18.0% of the country's total GDP. Rapid growth in the industry and tertiary sectors and improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Toronto” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Toronto. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The Industry and service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Toronto metropolitan area's real GDP grew at a slower pace of 4.1% in 2018, compared to 4.3% in 2017. The area's economy is expected to gain momentum, supported by upward movement in oil prices and growth in other major sectors, including infrastructure investment, real estate, insurance, finance, technology.
- Toronto is one of the key tourist destinations in Canada for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the last two years.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Toronto metropolitan area - key facts, (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Toronto metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Toronto metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Toronto metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Toronto metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Toronto metropolitan area - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Toronto metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Toronto metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Toronto metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, 2018
- Table 10: Toronto metropolitan area - Toronto Pearson International Airport, key airport indicators, 2016-19*
- Table 11: Toronto office market -rents, Q1 2019
- Table 12: Toronto metropolitan area - Fortune Global 500 companies, 2018
- Table 13: Toronto region - total visitors, 2016-18
- Table 14: Toronto region - international arrivals by country of residence, 2016-17
- Table 15: Toronto city - key hotel indicators, 2017-18
- Table 16: Toronto metropolitan area - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Toronto metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Toronto metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Toronto metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Toronto metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Toronto metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Toronto metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)