City Profile - Munich; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Munich city with an area of 310.4km2 is the capital city of the State of Bavaria and the third largest city in Germany in terms of population after Berlin and Hamburg. Significant growth in the service and industry sectors in the area is expected to be major drivers of growth for the next five years.
“City Profile - Munich” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Munich. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Munich is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in 2017.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment and number of building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Munich metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Munich metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Munich metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Munich metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Munich metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Munich metropolitan area - main universities, 2017
- Table 7: Munich metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Munich metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Munich city - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Munich city - Munich Airport (MUC) traffic records, 2010-18
- Table 11: Munich city - prime rent, Q1 2018
- Table 12: Munich city - Fortune 500 companies with main HQ in the city, 2017
- Table 13: Munich city - international and domestic tourism indicators
- Table 14: Munich city - international arrivals by country of residence, 2017
- Table 15: Munich city - hotel key indicators
- Table 16: Munich city - international and domestic overnight stays
- Table 17: Munich city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Munich metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Munich metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Munich metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Munich metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Munich metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Munich metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)