City Profile - Geneva; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Geneva canton is one of the 26 cantons in Switzerland, which is situated in the south-western most corner of Switzerland. The canton is the second most populous canton in Switzerland, after Zurich. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the canton’s GVA in 2017, accounting for 74.9% share.
“City Profile - Geneva” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Geneva. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the canton’s economy - and the major employer.
- Geneva is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists in Switzerland. The city hosts popular events that attract business and leisure tourists all year round.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Geneva canton - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Geneva canton- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Geneva canton- economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Geneva canton- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Geneva canton- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Geneva canton - main universities, 2017
- Table 7: Geneva canton- population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Geneva canton- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Geneva city - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Geneva canton - Geneva International Airport key indicators, 2013-17
- Table 11: Geneva city - office rents, Q4 2017
- Table 12: Geneva canton - tourism indicators (number), 2013-17
- Table 13: Geneva canton - international arrivals by country of residence (number), 2013-17
- Table 14: Geneva canton - hotel indicators, 2013-17
- Table 15: Geneva canton - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Geneva canton- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Geneva canton- economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Geneva canton- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Geneva canton- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Geneva canton- population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Geneva canton- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)