City Profile - Edmonton; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Edmonton Metropolitan area, also referred to as Edmonton Census Metropolitan Area (CMA), is the capital city of Alberta province in Canada. The area's economy accounts for 4.4% of the national GDP. The area’s economy is estimated to grow by the recovery in energy prices and rising global demand in near future.
“City Profile - Edmonton” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Edmonton.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector mainly drives the economic growth of the area, accounting for 52.3% of total GVA.
- Edmonton metropolitan area is one of the top international tourist destinations in Canada, loaded with abundant natural resources.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Edmonton CMA - key facts, (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Edmonton CMA-real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Edmonton CMA - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4:Edmonton CMA - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Edmonton CMA - employment structure, 2000-25(% of total)
- Table 6: Edmonton city - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Edmonton CMA -population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Edmonton CMA -population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Edmonton city - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Edmonton CMA - Edmonton International Airport, key airport indicators, 2015-18*
- Table 11: Edmonton city - prime office rent, Q3 2018
- Table 12: Alberta province - international tourist by continent of residence
- Table 13: Edmonton city - key hotel indicators
- Table 14: Edmonton city - MICE and other events
- Table 15: Edmonton CMA - construction units, 2016-17
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Edmonton CMA - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Edmonton CMA - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Edmonton CMA - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Edmonton CMA - employment structure, 2000-25(% of total)
- Figure 5: Edmonton CMA -population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Edmonton CMA -population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)