City Profile - Addis Ababa; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia and diplomatic capital of Africa is of international significance with the presence of headquarters if the African Union (AU), UN Economic Commission for Africa (UN-ECA) and a regional office for a number of international organizations including UNDP, UNESCO and the European Economic Commission (EEC). The nominal GDP of Addis Ababa accounts for over 20% of national GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Addis Ababa” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Addis Ababa. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the city’s economy - and the major employer.
- The economic growth of the area is stimulated by major economic reforms including trade liberalization, market deregulation, removal of restrictions on private sector participation initiated by the country
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Addis Ababa city - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Addis Ababa city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Addis Ababa city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Addis Ababa city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Addis Ababa city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Addis Ababa city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 7: Addis Ababa city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 8: Addis Ababa - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Addis Ababa city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Addis Ababa city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Addis Ababa city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Addis Ababa city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Addis Ababa city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Addis Ababa city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)