Canada Generic Drug Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026
Canada represents the world’s ninth biggest market for generic drugs in terms of value. Over the past few decades, the acceptance and use of generic drugs in Canada has changed significantly. The growth of the generic drug market in Canada has been catalysed by a number of factors. The continuous expiration of drug patents, rising aging population, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and constant efforts by the government and health care service providers to control their healthcare expenditures have enabled generics to represent a multibillion dollar industry in Canada.
The report entitled “Canada Generic Drug Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” represents an in-depth analysis on the historical, current and future trends in the generic drug market in Canada. This research report serves as an exceptional tool to understand the drivers, sales trends, prescription trends, market structure, competitive landscape, regulations, key players, key drugs, manufacturing and the outlook of the generic drug Market in Canada. This report can serve as an excellent guide for investors, researchers, consultants, marketing strategists and all those who want to gain an insight into the Canadian generic drug market in any form.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
What are generic drugs? How are they different from branded drugs?
How has the Canadian generic drug market performed in recent years?
How have generics performed compared to branded drugs?
What were the total sales and prescriptions for generic drugs in Canada?
Who are the key players in the Canadian generic drug market? How have they performed?
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Canada generic drug market?
What is the structure of the generic drug market in Canada?
What is the pricing mechanism of generic drugs in Canada?
What is the value chain of generic drugs in Canada?
What are the regulations for generic drugs in Canada?
How are generic drugs distributed in Canada?
How are generic drugs manufactured?
What are the raw material and machinery requirements to manufacture generic drugs?
What are the drivers and challenges in the generic drug market in Canada?
- 1 Preface
- 2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
- 3 Executive Summary
- 4 Canada Generic Drug Market: Introduction
- 4.1 What are Generics?
- 4.2 Unbranded and Branded Generics
- 4.3 Authorized Generics
- 4.4 Specialty Generics
- 5 Why is the Generic Drug Market So Lucrative in Canada
- 5.1 Blockbuster Drugs Facing Patent Expiration
- 5.2 Substantial Price Difference Between Branded and Generic Drugs
- 5.3 Government Incentives
- 5.4 Savings for Drug Purchasers
- 5.5 Biosimilars
- 5.6 Ageing Population and Increasing Prevalence of Life Style Diseases
- 6 Global Generic Drug Market
- 6.1 Generic Drug Market Performance
- 6.1.1 Value Trends
- 6.1.2 Volume Trends
- 6.2 Market Breakup by Country
- 6.3 Most Prescribed Generic and Branded Drugs
- 6.4 Market Forecast
- 7 Canada Generic Drug Market
- 7.1 Canada Pharmaceutical Market Performance
- 7.1.1 Value Trends
- 7.1.2 Volume Trends
- 7.1.3 Market by Type
- 7.1.4 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Canada Generic Drug Market Performance
- 7.2.1 Value Trends
- 7.2.2 Volume Trends
- 7.2.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 7.2.4 Market Forecast
- 8 SWOT Analysis
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Strengths
- 8.3 Weaknesses
- 8.4 Opportunities
- 8.5 Threats
- 9 Value Chain Analysis
- 9.1 Research and Development
- 9.2 Manufacturing
- 9.3 Marketing
- 9.4 Distribution
- 10 Pricing Mechanism and Profit Margins at Various Levels of Supply Chain
- 11 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 11.1 Overview
- 11.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 11.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 11.4 Degree of Competition
- 11.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 11.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 12 Canada Generic Drug Market: Competitive Landscape
- 12.1 Canada Generic Drug Market – Competitive Structure
- 12.2 Canada Generic Drug Market – Sales Breakup of Key Players
- 12.3 Canada Generics Distribution – Breakup by Channel
- 12.4 Canada Generic Drug Market – Average Retail Price Per Prescription (Generic vs. Branded)
- 13 Canada Generic Drug Market: Key Success Factors
- 14 Canada Generic Drug Market: Road Blocks
- 15 Canada Generic Drug Market: Regulatory Framework
- 15.1 Overview of Pharmaceutical Regulations
- 15.2 Pre-Market Drug Submission Requirements for Generic Drugs
- 15.3 Review Process for Generic Drugs
- 15.4 Generic Drug Approval and Declaration of Its Bioequivalence
- 15.5 Other Important Consideration
- 16 Generic Drug Manufacturing Process
- 16.1 Manufacturing Process
- 16.2 Raw Material Requirements
- 16.3 Raw Materials Pictures
- 16.4 Land and Construction Requirements
- 16.5 Machinery and Infrastructure Requirements
- 16.6 Machinery Pictures
- 16.7 Plant Layout
- 16.8 Packaging Requirements
- 16.9 Utility Requirements
- 16.10 Manpower Requirements
- 17 Canada Generic Drug Market - Key Company Profiles