Vehicle Lightweighting - Thematic ResearchGlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.Reasons to buy
Vehicle Lightweighting - Thematic Research
Vehicle lightweighting’s importance to the automotive value chain has been de-emphasized recently due to the emergence of the CASE (connected, autonomous, sharing and electrified) framework for the industry’s megatrends. This development should not detract from the theme’s importance especially as electrified vehicles remain in the minority and are expected to remain in the minority in the medium-term.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- Table Figure 1: Who are the big players and where do they sit in the value chain?
- Technology briefing
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Table Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- Industry analysis
- Table Figure 2: Supersize C: curb weight increases from generation to generation
- It's not all over for steel…
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Table Figure 3: Aluminum and plastics on the rise as lightweighting takes hold
- Key use cases
- Table Key use cases
- Table Production cars with Lightweight Innovations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Table Mergers and acquisitions
- Table Figure 4: The lightweighting story from 1885 to 2050
- Value chain
- Table Figure 5: It takes a village to save a gram
- Table The Leading Players
- Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
- Viewing the world's data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions
- Traditional research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- That is why we developed our "thematic engine"
- How do we create our sector scorecards?
- Table Figure 6: Our five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- What is in our sector scorecards?
- How do we score companies in our thematic screen?
- How our research reports fit into our overall thematic research ecosystem
- About GlobalData
- Contact us