Telcos’ MSS Market Opportunity in APAC
APAC telcos are in varying states of development with their MSS services. Some larger telcos in developed markets with an enterprise focus have become quite advanced, offering application, infrastructure, and cybersecurity services, even investing in their own SOCs. However many just fairly recently launched their MSS services with application security often a prominently featured type of service usually alongside a portfolio of infrastructure security services. Infrastructure security services tend to be closer to a telco’s traditional enterprise offerings. A key strategic advantage APAC telcos have, particularly in emerging markets, is their in-country presence and experience which can be important for some verticals that might regulatory restrictions to keep data domestically or in some markets not well covered by global vendors.
The MSS market size in the APAC region is expected to grow by a CAGR of 9.4% between 2017-2022, rising from US$19.7 billion in 2017 to US$30.8 billion by 2022. From a global perspective, the APAC region was the third largest MSS revenue generator in 2017, with 25% of the global total and will remain the third largest with a 25% share over the forecast period.
There is a large disparity in the MSS capability between APAC’s leading telcos and those that have only recently launched forays into security services. APAC telcos with a strong legacy in providing enterprise solutions around networking, cloud, and data centers are better positioned in the MSS space than telcos who have focused on mass market communication or only simple enterprise connectivity.
The report Telcos’ MSS Market Opportunity in APAC, provides an executive-level overview of the managed security services (MSS) market opportunity for telecoms companies in Asia Pacific (APAC). It delivers qualitative insights into the MSS market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
Companies mentioned in the report:
- Managed Security Services: Taxonomy and Market Context: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of telecom operators' managed security services.
- Telco's MSS market opportunity: This section looks at the recent development and the current state of managed security services in APAC, while also providing a closer look at the drivers and inhibitors for telcos in various categories of security services.
- Key findings and recommendations: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the APAC managed security services market.
AVG, Checkpoint, Cisco, DKAV, Fortinet, IBM, Infosys, Microsoft, NTT, Optus, PCCW, SingTel, Symantec, Telstra, Trustwave, Unisys, VMWare, VNPT, VodafoneScope
Reasons to buy
- There is a large disparity in the MSS capability between APAC’s leading telcos and those that have only recently launched forays into security services. APAC telcos with a strong legacy in providing enterprise solutions around networking, cloud, and data centers are better positioned in the MSS space than telcos who have focused on mass market communication or only simple enterprise connectivity.
- APAC is the world’s third largest region in terms of MSS revenue in 2017 with $19.7 billion, accounting for about 25% of the global total. APAC will keep pace with the rest of the world in terms of MSS revenue growth, with a CAGR of 9.4% for both APAC and total global revenue over 2017 to 2022, retaining a 25% share in global MSS revenue in 2022 with $30.8 billion.
- APAC telco that offer MSS often prominently feature application security along side a portfolio of infrastructure security services. Telcos may build on in-country sales channels and staff, customer relationships, and knowledge of local market dynamics providing them with a competitive edge in the application security services segment.
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of managed security services (MSS) portfolios and positioning in the APAC markets.
- The report investigates MSS trends and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the APAC region.
- To study APAC’s most competitive telecom MSS provisions, in order to inform strategically decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider managed security market and what these developments might mean for the future.
- List of exhibits
- Key takeaways
- Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context
- Managed security services definition
- Managed security services value chain
- Section 2: Section 2: Telcos’ MSS Market Opportunity
- APAC MSS Market Size in a Global Context
- APAC MSS Market Size by Vertical and Business Size
- APAC MSS Opportunity in Applications Security
- APAC MSS Opportunity in Infrastructure Security
- APAC MSS Opportunity in Cyber Security
- Section 3: Key Findings and Recommendations
- Key findings and recommendations
- Acronyms and definitions
- Companies mentioned
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Managed Security Services Framework
- Exhibit 2: Telcos’ Managed Security Services Value Chain, AME
- Exhibit 3: Global MSS Revenue Forecast, 2017 and 2022
- Exhibit 4: MSS Revenue by Vertical, APAC, 2017 and 2022
- Exhibit 5: MSS Revenue by Business Size, APAC, 2017 and 2022
- Exhibit 6: APAC Telco MSS Opportunity in Applications Security
- Exhibit 7: APAC Telco MSS Opportunity in Infrastructure Security
- Exhibit 8: APAC Telco MSS Opportunity in Cybersecurity