Super League In-Depth Analysis: RBC Wealth Management 2017 - Tracking the world’s major competitors in wealth management
Super League In-Depth Analysis: RBC Wealth Management 2017, competitor profile is a comprehensive analysis of RBC’s wealth management operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy, financial results, and marketing activities. It also covers recent merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, customer targeting, and product innovation.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, RBC Wealth Management is one of the five main business segments of RBC. RBC Wealth Management has five divisions, including the company’s Global Asset Management unit. RBC Wealth Management has 1,800 investment advisors in Canada and 1,800 financial advisors in the US. It operates 16 corporate offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Insight into RBC Wealth Management’s growth strategy.
- Overview of the firm’s organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of its geographical coverage and expansion strategy, including M&A activity.
- Analysis of the firm’s financial performance, including comparison with other global wealth managers.
- Examination of key target client groups.
- Analysis of RBC Wealth Management’s product and service proposition and how it is unique compared to those of its competitors.
- Review of RBC Wealth Management’s marketing and social media activities.
Reasons to buy
- RBC is shifting focus to priority markets that are in line with enterprise objectives.
- It is focused on HNW and UHNW clients in priority markets, as well as affluent customers in Canada and the US.
- RBC positions itself as active in athletic sponsorships and corporate social responsibility.
- The company has enhanced its market position through acquisition, expanded product offerings, and focused on improving advisor productivity in the US.
- RBC has aligned product offerings and operations globally to a more conservative risk profile.
- Examine the financial performance and key ratios for RBC Wealth Management and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore RBC Wealth Management’s recent M&A and growth strategies and their impacts on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Understand RBC Wealth Management’s client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about RBC Wealth Management’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.
- Executive Summary
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
- 2016 FINANCIAL FIGURES
- KEY FINDINGS
- SWOT ANALYSIS
- RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT IS ONE OF FIVE MAIN BUSINESS SEGMENTS
- EXECUTIVE STAFF ARE LONG-TERM RBC EMPLOYEES
- STAFF EFFICIENCY
- RBC SERVES CLIENTS IN CANADA USING AN EXTENSIVE BRANCH NETWORK
- THE US IS RBC's BIGGEST FOREIGN MARKET
- FOLLOWING THE RESTRUCTURE, RBC HAS NO PLANS FOR FOREIGN EXPANSION
- SUMMARY OF M&A ACTIVITY
- Financial Performance
- RBC's FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE DISPLAYED STRONG GROWTH IN 2016
- GROUP PERFORMANCE
- WEALTH MANAGEMENT PROFIT JUMPED IN 2016
- WEALTH MANAGEMENT PERFORMANCE
- RBC WM's COST-REVENUE RATIO IS ABOVE COMPETITOR AVERAGE
- RBC WM's COST-REVENUE RATIO LEAVES ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT
- RBC WM's CONTRIBUTION TO GROUP PERFORMANCE
- RBC WM's AUM SAW NEAR-DOUBLE GROWTH IN 2016
- RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT PERFORMANCE
- Customers & Products
- RBC WM SERVES HNW, UHNW, AND AFFLUENT SEGMENTS
- RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT TARGETS SEVERAL MAIN CLIENT GROUPS
- BUSINESS OWNERS AND ENTREPRENEURS ARE ATTRACTIVE TARGET MARKETS
- RBC FOLLOWS A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH TO SERVICING CLIENTS
- RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT OFFERS A FULL RANGE OF SERVICES
- RBC's `GROW MORE THAN WEALTH' PLATFORM SEEKS TO ADDRESS CLIENT NEEDS BEYOND FINANCIAL GAIN
- RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT LAUNCHES DIGITAL PLATFORMS FOR ADVISORS
- Marketing & Advertising
- RBC's MARKETING STRATEGY TAKES A LOCAL AND GLOBAL APPROACH
- RBC IS ACTIVE ON SEVERAL SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT: INVESTING IN COMMUNITIES
- ABBREVIATIONS, ACRONYMS, DEFINITIONS
- EXCHANGE RATES
- PRIMARY SOURCES