Retail Banking Market Dynamics: Norway 2018
The retail deposit and mortgage markets in Norway reported strong growth during 2013-17, but are expected to decelerate in the next five years. The credit card market is expected to remain steady during 2018-22 compared with the preceding five-year period, while the personal loan market is expected to accelerate. Norwegian banks are more profitable when compared with their peers in Denmark. Their operating efficiency is also higher.
The report Retail Banking Market Dynamics: Norway 2018, identifies the macroeconomic and competitive dynamics that impact upon the Norwegian retail banking market. It provides insight into -
- The outlook for deposits, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages
- Net changes in market share across all four product areas
- Overall financial performance including profitability, efficiency, and income sources
DNB, Handelsbanken, Danske Bank, Nordea, SEB, Santander Consumer Bank, Storebrand Bank, Bank Norwegian, SpareBank 1 SR-BankScope
Reasons to buy
- Among the top banks in the Norwegian retail deposits market, DNB’s market share declined the most over the review period.
- SpareBank 1 SR-Bank outperformed the top banks in 2017 with the highest annual growth rate in mortgage loan balances.
- Credit card balances are expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 5.5% over 2018-22.
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess the financial performance of competitors.
- Macroeconomic Overview
- Retail Deposits
- Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- Financial Ratios Market Average
- Competitor Financial Performance