Retail Banking Market Dynamics: Italy 2018
The personal loan and mortgage markets in Italy performed sluggishly during 2013-17, but are expected to recover in the next five years. The credit card market reported strong growth during 2013-17 and is expected to continue with this uptrend during 2018-22, while the retail deposits market will witness a decline during 2018-22. Italian banks’ profits have fluctuated widely compared to the steady profits reported by their peers in Spain and France in recent years. Their operating efficiency has also been decreasing.
The report Retail Banking Market Dynamics: Italy 2018, identifies macroeconomic and competitive dynamics that impact upon the Italian retail banking market. It provides insight into -
- The outlook for deposits, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages
- Net changes in market share across all four product areas
- Overall financial performance including profitability, efficiency, and income sources
Intesa Sanpaolo, Unicredit, Banco BPM, UBI Banca, Monte dei Paschi di Siena, Banca Poste, Cariparma, BNL, Banca BPER, Mediobanca.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Among the top banks in the Italian retail deposits market, Intesa Sanpaolo has lost the most market share since 2013.
- Cariparma outperformed the top banks with the highest annual growth rate in credit card loan balances in 2017.
- Personal loan balances are expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 2.3% over 2018-22.
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess the financial performance of competitors.
- Macroeconomic Overview
- Retail Deposits
- Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- Financial Ratios Market Average
- Competitor Financial Performance