Retail Banking Market Dynamics: China 2018
The retail mortgages and credit card markets in China reported robust growth during 2013-17, but are expected to decelerate going forward. The retail deposits and personal loan markets are also set to witness a slowdown during 2018-22, after an uptrend in the preceding five-year period. Chinese banks rank favorably in terms of profitability when compared with their peers in other Asia Pacific countries. Their operating efficiency is also improving.
The report Retail Banking Market Dynamics: China 2018, identifies macroeconomic and competitive dynamics that impact upon the Chinese retail banking market. It provides insight into -
- Outlook for deposits, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages
- Net changes in market share across all four product areas
- Overall financial performance including profitability, efficiency, and income sources
China Construction Bank, ICBC, Agricultural Bank of China, Bank of China, Bank of Communications, China Merchants Bank, Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, Citic Bank, China Everbright Bank, China Minsheng Bank, HSBC ChinaScope
Reasons to buy
- Among the top banks in the Chinese retail deposits market, ICBC’s market share decreased the most over 2013-17.
- China Everbright Bank outperformed the other top Chinese banks with the highest annual growth rate in mortgage balances in 2017.
- Credit card balances are expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 8.6% over 2018-22.
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess the financial performance of competitors.
- Macroeconomic Overview
- Retail Deposits
- Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- Financial Ratios Market Average
- Competitor Financial Performance