Malaysia Telecom Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU's (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026
Malaysia Telecom Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU's (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Malaysia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'The total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Malaysia will grow at a CAGR of 3%, primarily supported by contributions from mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data will remain the largest revenue contributor over 2021-2026, driven by 5G network expansions supported by the JENDELA plan and subsequent rise in 5G subscriptions, and increase in mobile data ARPU. Fixed broadband revenue will increase at a CAGR of 6.9% during 2021-2026 period, driven by growth in fixed wireless subscriptions and growing adoption of higher-ARPU fiber-optic (FTTH/B) services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Malaysia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- Overall revenue will increase at a CAGR 3% from $8.3 billion in 2021 to $9.7 billion in 2026.
- Mobile service revenue accounted for 79.2% of total telecom revenue in 2021 and mobile data segment will represent the leading revenue generating segment throughout forecast period.
- 4G represents the leading mobile service technology in Malaysia and accounted for 87.8% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Malaysia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Malaysia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Malaysia’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Malaysia.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telekom Malaysia
- Digi Telecommunications
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData