The Cards and Payments Industry in Slovakia: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2021
GlobalData’s The Cards and Payments Industry in Slovakia: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2021 report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Slovak cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Slovak cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cash transactions and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Slovak cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape in the Slovak cards and payments industry.
The report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Slovak cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debits, payment cards and cash transactions during the review period (2012-2016).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2017-2021). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
To benefit from the growing adoption of contactless technology, banks in Slovakia are launching contactless mobile payment services. The latest of these is the expansion of Tatra Bank’s MobilePay app functionality in November 2016. The upgraded version includes Visa-certified Host Card Emulation (HCE) technology. Users can add their Visa card details to make contactless mobile payments. In 2014, VUB Bank introduced its Wave2Pay app, enabling cardholders to make contactless mobile payments.
To benefit from e-commerce growth, scheme providers are launching alternative payment solutions. In collaboration with CSOB, Mastercard launched its MasterPass digital wallet in Slovakia in December 2015. For online payments, MasterPass allows users to pay from a list of pre-stored cards and shipping information stored in the digital wallet. Similarly, in 2015, Visa launched its V.me digital wallet which allows consumers to pay for products online without divulging their payment card details.
While banks in Slovakia still focus on traditional bricks-and-mortar branches to deliver their services, German-based bank Number26 launched a mobile-only bank in December 2015, allowing consumers to conduct banking transactions via their mobile phones. The advent of mobile-only banks is likely to accelerate a shift towards electronic payments.Scope
Reasons to buy
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Slovak cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for the Slovak cards and payments industry for 2016, and forecast figures to 2021.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting the Slovak cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Slovak cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Slovak cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Slovak cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Slovakia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Slovak cards and payments industry.