Canada Telecom Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU's (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026
Canada Telecom Market Size and Analysis by Service Revenue, Penetration, Subscription, ARPU's (Mobile, Fixed and Pay-TV by Segments and Technology), Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2021-2026, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Canada today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Canada will grow at a CAGR of 1.3%, primarily supported by strong growth in mobile data revenue, and marginal growth in fixed broadband revenue. Mobile data service revenue will increase from at a strong CAGR of 9.2%, driven by growing mobile data subscriptions and increasing data ARPUs on the back of growing adoption of higher ARPU 5G services. Fixed broadband revenue will also grow during 2021-2026 period, driven by growth in cable internet and fiber line subscriptions supported by fixed broadband network expansion initiatives from the local government and operators. Pay-TV revenue will also decline due to a drop in DTH and cable TV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Canada.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Canada will grow at a CAGR of 1.3% during 2021-2026.
- Total mobile broadband and fixed broadband revenue will account for 74.7% of the total telecom revenue by 2026.
- The share of 4G services in total mobile subscriptions will decline during 2021-2026 period. We expect 5G services subscription share to reach 38.6% in 2025 as all major operators such as Bell, Telus, and Rogers continue to expand 5G network coverage across the country.
- The top three mobile operators, Bell Canada, Rogers, and Telus accounted for 88.8% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2021.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Canada’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Canada’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Canada’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Canada.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Bell Canada
- Rogers Canada
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData