Smart Cities Funding Models
Smart Cities are cities built on ‘Smart’ and ‘Intelligent’ solutions and technology which will lead to the adoption of at least 5 of the 8 following smart parameters: smart energy, smart building, smart mobility, smart healthcare, smart infrastructure, smart technology, smart governance and smart education, and smart citizen. The Smart Cities market is set to grow from just over $900 billion in 2016 to $1.57 trillion in 2020. Public and private stakeholders are preparing for the Smart Cities disruption with key strategies to build and transform cities into seamless ecosystems. Cities are always looking toward increasing capacity and efficiency of functioning in order to attract economic growth and activity. In order to build highly functional and intelligent cities, public authorities will need to integrate smart technology into existing infrastructure while building new infrastructure from ground up.
Infrastructure building has always been dependent on financing mechanisms used to support construction, operation, and maintenance. Several financing mechanisms have been made available to stakeholders depending on risk appetite, investment size, and duration of financing. It is imperative that stakeholders understand the nuances, advantages, and shortfalls of each mechanism before choosing a tool to finance projects under their purview.
The research service analyzes and profiles each mechanism to understand the key aspects and best use cases to ensure stakeholders are kept informed and have a holistic view of the infrastructure and Smart City financing market. Coverage also includes a comprehensive scoring and feature comparison which can be used to select the most appropriate funding mechanism. The base year considered for the study is 2016.
Key Target Audience
The key target audience includes:
• Public sector organizations
• Wealth funds
• Banking and lending sector
• Industrial credit sector
• Smart product manufacturers
• Smart city integrators
• Foreign Investors
• Definition of Smart Cities
• Overview of all funding mechanisms
• Government-based financing
• Institutional funding
• Revenue-based funding
• Scoring of funding mechanisms
• Suitability of funding mechanisms
Key Questions this Study will Answer
• What are the mechanisms being used currently to fund infrastructure projects?
• What are the ways public or private entities can monetize infrastructure?
• What are the features of funding mechanisms available for Smart City projects today?
• What are some examples of successful funding of infrastructure projects?
• What are the risks associated with each funding mechanism?
• What is the best fit for an infrastructure project based on risk appetite, funding duration, and stage of project?
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook