Advanced Safety Technologies Empowering Mobility
Advancements in sensor technologies improving navigation and object detection, advanced braking systems, image processing algorithms, and machine vision have created opportunities for automotive manufacturers to discover a wide range of solutions for automotive safety applications. Miniaturization of electronic components, integration of technologies, and adoption of smart devices is encouraging advancements in the advanced driver assistance and safety sectors.
Vehicular communication is expected enable Internet of Things (IoT) concept and related applications. Apart from devices talking to each other, future connected cars will interact with the environment around, thereby leading to various business opportunities with the data collected. Sensor innovations in the field of radar, vision systems, and LiDAR are anticipated to have a high impact in making vehicles truly autonomous with advanced safety functionalities.
The technology and innovation report covers technologies providing safety to passengers and passenger vehicles. This report focuses on capturing emerging technologies enabling advanced safety in the automotive industry. Technologies profiled in the report include radars, vision systems, LiDARs, Electronic Stability Control (advanced braking systems), airbags, seatbelts, vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication and augmented reality head up displays.
Key questions addressed in the report are highlighted below.
1. What are the different types of advanced safety technologies?
2. What are the benefits and applications of the technology?
3. What are the key innovations and the innovators impacting technology development?
4. What are the emerging technologies which will impact automotive safety and connected cars?
5. What are the emerging developments in automotive safety systems?
6. What are key growth opportunities for safety systems?
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
- Research Methodology Explained
- Summary of Key Findings
- Significance and Key Technologies
- Road Traffic and Safety– Current Scenario
- Safety Systems Are Also Required to Protect Pedestrians and Motorists
- Global List of Safety Organizations
- Automotive Safety Systems – Classification
- Technologies Enabling Automotive Active Safety Systems
- Radar Empowering Automotive Safety
- Applications of Radar in Mobility
- Radar-based Safety Systems – Profile of Key Organizations
- Vision Systems Empowering Automotive Safety
- Camera Vision System (Image/Video) Applications
- Camera Vision-based Safety Systems – Profiles of Key Companies
- LiDARs Empowering Automotive Safety
- Applications of LIDARs in Mobility
- LiDAR based Safety Systems – Profiles of Key Companies
- Electronic Stability Control Systems Empowering Automotive Safety
- Functionality and Applications of Electronic Stability Control Systems
- Advanced Braking and Electronic Stability Control Safety Systems – Profile of Key Companies
- Technologies Enabling Automotive Passive Safety Systems
- Airbag Safety Systems Empowering Automotive Safety
- Airbag Safety Systems – Profiles of Key Companies
- Seatbelt Safety Systems Empowering Automotive Safety
- Seatbelt Safety Systems – Profiles of Key Companies
- Other Technologies to Improve Automotive Safety
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Communication empowering Automotive Safety
- V2V and V2I Applications
- 5.3 V2X-based Safety Systems – Profiles of Key Companies
- Augmented Reality Head Up Displays Empowering Automotive Safety
- Augmented Reality HUD based Safety Systems – Profiles of Key Companies
- Future of Automotive Safety
- Future Trends Driving Automotive Safety Systems
- System Integration and Technology Convergence, the Solution Toward Advanced Automotive Safety Systems
- Technology Roadmap – Automotive Safety
- Technology Roadmap – Short Term
- Technology Roadmap – Medium Term
- Technology Roadmap-Long term
- Growth Opportunities and Strategic Perspectives
- Key Growth Opportunities – Strategies to Gain Prominence in the Automotive Market
- Key Industry Initiatives
- Sensors to Play a Vital Role in Advancement of Automotive Safety Technologies
- Connected Cars will Create New Business Opportunities for Automotive Industry Participants
- Autonomous Car Will Be the Epitome of Mobility With Advanced Safety Systems
- Industry Contacts