Global Chlorinated Rubber Coatings Market - 2021-2028
The global chlorinated rubber coatings market reached US$ XX million in 2020 and is expected to reach US$ XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period 2021-2028.
Chlorinated Rubber is a nonflammable white powder that combines carbon tetrachloride with chlorine. Chlorinated Rubber has a higher hardness and lower reactivity with most chemicals, making it ideal as a corrosion-resistant barrier on metal surfaces. Chlorinated Rubber is a typical constituent in single-pack coatings and is a fundamental ingredient in paints, coatings and adhesives applied as protective films. Chlorinated rubber coatings are film-like compounds that are applied to surfaces to give them specific qualities such as:
• Fire Retardation (due to its increased chlorine content)
• Water and moisture resistance
• Reduced reactivity and chemical stability
• Good adherence and a long life expectancy
• Mold resistance and anti-fouling
The widespread environmental protection of chlorinated rubber corrosion is a major market driver. Further, the ability of chlorinated rubber coating to be applied on a wide range of surfaces such as concrete, brickwork, steel, among others, also boost their demand in the market. However, the availability of alternative materials restraints the respective market’s growth.
The protective properties of chlorinated rubber Coatings
Chlorinated rubber coatings are particularly durable due to the peculiarities in their composition. The product offers obvious advantages in areas where surfaces are subjected to a lot of wear and tear. Chlorinated rubber coatings are not only long-lasting but also have a high chemical and urinary resistance, making them perfect for agricultural and industrial applications that require paint to tolerate acids, alkalis and sewage.
Chlorinated rubber paint is heat and water-resistant, making it a popular choice for exterior applications on surfaces that must withstand the weather and resist corrosion, such as various surfaces of ships, buildings and infrastructures exposed to air and water. The ability of chlorinated rubber coatings to prevent corrosion is a major market driver for the global chlorinated rubber coating market. The respective factor extends its applications into numerous industrial sectors, raising overall demand and sales. Further, this also triggers the launch of new chlorinated rubber coating products into the market, thereby expanding the availability and market options for the respective product. For instance, in October 2021, PPG launched PPG VIKOTE 18, which offers corrosion resistance and finds application in dry-docking and inland marine segments. Furthermore, as a reasonably environmentally friendly material, its chlorinated rubber coatings have a very limited impact on nature.
Availability of alternative coating systems
The alternative protection coating systems such as epoxies, acrylic urethane and polyurethane are easy to manufacture and offer excellent protection to a list of surfaces such as concrete, steel, among others. Further, the ability of these systems to offer similar protection at comparable prices could also create a split between end-users in terms of purchase decisions.
As a result, the availability of alternative protection coating systems could be a major market restraint for the global chlorinated rubber coating market since that could cause the demand sales of the respective market to go downhill.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
During its initial waves, the pandemic COVID-19 had a negative impact on the global chlorinated rubber coatings market, just like any other market.
The following are the three key reasons for the experienced downsizing of the relevant market:
• Because the industrial-scale synthesis of chlorinated rubber coatings necessitates massive machinery, large-scale industrial reagents and skilled workers, the production of chlorinated rubber coatings has been disrupted. During the pandemic, the industry lockdowns and the requirement for social distancing hampered the production process severely.
• The supply of raw materials required to make chlorinated rubber coatings and the supply of finished products were significantly hampered due to the global lockdown imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, the chlorinated rubber coatings market's demand-supply dynamics were severely impacted.
• Chlorinated rubber coatings are primarily used in construction, shipbuilding and related industries. Lockdowns and the inability to get raw materials in these industries reduced total activity in this end-user, lowering overall demand for chlorinated rubber in the market.
However, since the ban was lifted, the global chlorinated rubber coatings market has experienced tremendous growth. The construction sector's predicted rise in the post-COVID-19 environment is expected to stimulate the market further.
The global chlorinated rubber coatings market is segmented on the basis of type, product, viscosity, substrate, application, end-user and region
The growing need for environmental-friendly corrosion protective coating boosts the demand for chlorinated rubber coatings in the construction structures segment
The global chlorinated rubber coatings market is segmented into swimming pools, sports floors, road marking, ship structures, construction surfaces, and others based on end-user. The construction surfaces segment dominates the end-user category of the global chlorinated rubber coatings market. Since chlorinated rubber coatings could protect the constructed structures from corrosion by preventing the impact of air and moisture, the colossal constructional activities happening the world over in residential as well as commercial sectors helps the respective segment to dominate the market.
The rapid growth in construction and automotive markets in the Asia-Pacific helps it to dominate the region's segment of the global chlorinated rubber coatings market
The expansion of the automobile sector and rising construction activities in the region to meet the needs of the region's massive population is expected to help the Asia-Pacific to dominate the global chlorinated rubber coatings market. Furthermore, due to rapid industrial growth and increased construction activities, North America is predicted to experience profitable growth throughout the forecast timeline.
The global chlorinated rubber coatings industry is very competitive globally and local players. Since several coatings producers control the majority of the market share, the market could be deemed consolidated. In order to attain growth and prominence in the global chlorinated rubber coatings market, the major players employ market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, product launches, contributions and collaborations. PPG, Spencer Coatings, Pragati Paints & Allied Products, Covestro, Asian Paints, Stahl, Taizhou Qinhai Shipping Science and Technology Co., Ltd., Nippon Paint, Berger Paints and Palatine Paints are some of the main market players.
Overview: The Pittsburgh Plate Glass was founded in 1883 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. PPG is now a global leader in manufacturing paints, coatings, optical goods and specialty materials. In 2020, PPG numbered 209 on the Fortune 500 and generated $13.8 million in net revenues. The corporation employed 50,000 employees globally as of 2020.
• CLR Chlorinated Rubber: The product is normally applied with the SELEMIX System tinter range. The respective product provides good chemical resistance in wet situations when applied over properly prepared and surfaces. The water-resistance and anti-skid capabilities of the product are ideal for use in situations where industrial and natural acids are present, such as road marking, stairwells and storage equipment.
• For instance, on October 31, 2021, PPG introduced PPG VIKOTE 18, a corrosion-resistant coating used in dry-docking and inland marine applications. The product has a low environmental impact since chlorinated rubber; the primary ingredient, is eco-friendly.
Why Purchase the Report?
• To visualize the global chlorinated rubber coatings market segmentation by type, product, viscosity, substrate, application, end-user and region, as well as understand key commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in the global chlorinated rubber coatings market by analyzing trends and co-development.
• Excel data sheet with numerous data points of chlorinated rubber coatings market-level with four segments.
• PDF report consisting of cogently put together market analysis after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping available as excel consisting of key products of all the major market players
The global chlorinated rubber coatings market report would provide approximately 85 tables, 97 figures and almost 180 pages.
Target Audience 2022
• Chlorinated Rubber Coatings Manufacturers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
• Logistics companies
• Distributors/ Suppliers
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook