Introducing Butler Group
Information Technology is moving forward at an ever-increasing pace and Butler Group is committed to ensuring that your business profits fully from these advances, gaining the optimum competitive edge and exploiting the benefits of today’s IT - to the maximum.Who are we?
Butler Group is the premier European provider of Information Technology research, analysis, and advice. Founded in 1990 by Martin Butler, the Company is respected throughout the business world for the impartiality and incisiveness of its research and opinion.What do we do?
Butler Group provides a comprehensive portfolio of Research, Events, and Subscription Services, catering for the specialised needs of all levels of executive, from IT professionals to senior managers and board directors.Our products and services cover every aspect of the increasingly important impact Information Technology has on every business, from product purchase decisions to developing effective high-level strategy. They range from the visionary - looking up to five years ahead - to the current practical use of technology.Butler Group helps clients to:
- Access relevant IT information which addresses the critical issues faced by their organisation.
- Reduce risks, allowing them the freedom to innovate through the use of IT.
- Maximise the value of their IT, now and into the future.
Whatever your IT issue, no matter how simple or complex, our independent and experienced expert Analysts can provide you with a continuous stream of clear, concise, and impartial advice - within the context of your business application.
By delivering timely analysis of the most important issues and debates, we will support you when making even the most complex of business decisions.
And at all times, we adhere to our mission statement - Analysis without compromise.What makes us different?
Butler Group occupies a unique position at the heart of the European IT community.Although 100% independent, we work closely with the companies developing Information Technologies and services, which enables us to provide incisive and informed opinion to the organisations using these technologies.
Unlike our competitors, we offer a specifically European perspective. Combined with our proven track record, flexibility and accessibility, this makes us the ideal partner to guide companies through all the complexities of Information Technology, and the many benefits it can bring to their organisation.Who benefits from our services?
Butler Group clients range from companies, corporations, and public sector organisations to technology vendors.Over 70% of the UK’s top companies use our services, and we have achieved similar penetration across our other key markets - Europe (Scandinavia and Benelux) and Australia. Whatever the size of your organisation, you can gain a valuable competitive edge with Butler Group.How do we deliver our services?
Our Services cover all the areas in which IT impacts business - at every level from strategic thinking and expert opinion through to analysis and product reviews.
The services we deliver, cover four main areas of business operations:
How does Butler Group add value to your business?
- Commerce - Activities involving financial transactions with trading partners, such as customers, suppliers, partners and competitors: Collaborative Commerce, Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, and Mobile Commerce.
- Intelligence - Activities aimed at improving the effectiveness of a business: Corporate Portals, Business Intelligence, and Knowledge Management.
- Operations - Activities supporting the operation of commercial transactions: Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Process Management, Content Management, Financials, Human Resources, Enterprise Management, Policy, and Legislation.
- Technology Infrastructure - All resources which enable commerce, operations, and intelligence to operate: Data Management, Application Deployment and Integration, Systems Management, Security, Sourcing, Web Services, and Wireless Computing Platforms.
- Our unique position, as Europe’s leading source of independent IT analysis.
- Our ability to bring together the vendor and user communities.
- Our wealth of expertise, and proven 10-year track record.
- Our understanding of every aspect of Information Technology.
- The depth and breadth of our research.
- Clear and candid assessment of current, emerging and future technologies.
- Business-driven insight into the practical application of all IT products and services.
- Strategic thinking at the highest level for senior decision-makers.
- Our commitment to providing value for money through flexible subscription services.
- Our relationships with the major vendors and - above all - the quality of our people, more than 25% of which are Analysts, providing you with the concise, clear, and independent research to help you optimise the use of IT in your business.