Fluids and Lubricants Market for Electric Vehicles - Global Product and Innovation Insights: Product and Innovation Focus - Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2029
Market Report Coverage - Fluids and Lubricants Market for Electric Vehicles
- Product Type - Grease, Heat Transfer Fluids, Drive System Fluids, and Brake Fluids
- Distribution Channel - OEMs and Aftermarket
Key Companies Profiled
- North America - U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- South America
- Europe - Germany, France, Sweden, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific & Japan - Japan, India, South Korea, and Rest-of-APAC
- Middle East and Africa
ExxonMobil, Total, Shell, Castrol, Valvoline, Lubrizol, Engineered Fluids, M&I Materials, Dober, FUCHS, Afton Chemicals, 3M, Petronas, Motul, PolySi Technologies Inc., Kluber Lubrication, Panolin International Inc., and Infineum International LimitedKey Questions Answered in this Report:
- Which EV fluid type segment is expected to witness the maximum demand growth in the global fluids market for electric vehicles during 2019-2029?
- What is the patent landscape for the global fluids and lubricants market for electric vehicles?
- Which are the key EV parts that generate demand for different types of fluids and lubricants and which of these parts would help foster the future demand for different types of fluids and lubricants?
- Which are the players that are catering to the demand for different EV fluids?
- What are the key offerings of the prominent companies in the market for fluids for electric vehicles?
- Which regions and countries are leading in terms of consumption of global fluids market for electric vehicles, and which of them are expected to witness high demand growth from 2019 to 2029?
- How does the pricing of different fluids and lubricants vary across regions and countries?
The global fluids market for electric vehicles is mainly segmented on the basis of product type, vehicle type, and propulsion type, and distribution channel type. This research also analyzes the adoption of electric vehicle fluids market in different regions and countries. The prominent types of fluids which are being adopted for enhanced application in electric vehicles are greases, heat transfer fluids, driver system fluids, and brake fluids. The application of these types of fluids is in various components such as e-motors, battery systems, bearings, constant velocity joints, power electronics, gears, and the braking system of electric vehicles.
The growth in the global fluids market for electric vehicles is attributable to the rising demand for efficient and durable fluids for electric vehicles. Generally, various components of an electric vehicle generate a lot of heat during the operation of the vehicle, such as the battery system and the e-motors. This has further led to the need for better thermal management in these vehicles. The new EV fluids have added additives and dielectric properties which makes them suitable for application in electric vehicle components.
The major factor hindering the market growth are certain technical challenges, such as higher cost and the viability of developing immersion cooling battery systems.
The global fluids market for electric vehicles accounted for $850.9 million in 2018 and is expected to reach $5.74 billion by 2029. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 18.66% during the forecast period 2019 to 2029. The increasing application areas for new fluids in an electric vehicle have led to the surging demand for various types of coolants and lubricants. Automotive OEMs have partnered with various fluid providers for sourcing fluids for their electric vehicles to improve the driving experience, which in turn, can increase the electric vehicle sales, which is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.Competitive Landscape
The competitive landscape of the fluids market for electric vehicles consists of different strategies undertaken by major players across the oil & gas and lubrication industry to gain market presence. Some of the strategies adopted by electric vehicle fluids manufacturers are new product launches, business expansions, and partnerships, and collaborations. Among all the strategies adopted, new product launches are the leading choice of strategy implemented in the competitive landscape. ExxonMobil, Total, Shell, Castrol, Valvoline, and Lubrizol are some of the leading players in the global fluids market for electric vehicles. Engineered Fluids, M&I Materials, and Dober are some of the emerging private companies which have remained in the limelight since last few years in the field of fluids market for electric vehicles.* The single user license comes with a password which can beused only by the designated user to view the file. This format does notallow the user to copy or print the document, or to share the passwordwith anyone other than the user.*