Allied Irish Banks – SWOT Framework Analysis
Being known as one of the Big Four commercial banks in Ireland, the Allied Irish Banks Plc is one of the major commercial banks based in Ireland. With an entry into the Baltic markets in 2008, AIB has spread its presence out of Ireland and the UK as well very successfully.
In 2009, the bank had to take a rescue package of Euro 7 billion from the Irish government has its capital value had fallen to Euro 486 million. With the Irish government announcing further plans to inject more capital into the AIB, the bank is well on its way to becoming nationalized.
A SWOT Analysis is a strategic planning tool used to evaluate:
involved in a project or in a business venture. It involves identifying the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective.
It has been observed that most banks are these days leaning towards offering websites where customers can access accounts and carry out the majority of their financial transactions. Due to the low cost of using web-based banking, many banks are trying to attract customers to use their online facilities by offering higher interest rates on deposits. While the banking industry has faced many ups and downs in the past 2-3 years, it is hoped that this trend of Internet banking continues and the industry is able to pull itself out of the troublesome situation.
In this industry scenario, Aruvian’s R’search analyzes the company Allied Irish Banks in a SWOT Framework Analysis. The report includes the following:
- Business segment analysis of Allied Irish Banks
- Major products & services of Allied Irish Banks
- Profile of the industry Allied Irish Banks operates in
- Profile of its major competitors – Bank of Ireland, Barclays PLC, and HSBC Holdings plc
- SWOT Analysis of Allied Irish Banks
- Future Perspective of Allied Irish Banks
Aruvian’s R’search’s report Allied Irish Banks – SWOT Framework Analysis has a broad ranging content suitable for industry experts as well as logically initiating the industry beginners.
- A. Executive Summary
- B. Profile of Allied Irish Banks
- B.1 Industry Profile
- B.2 Corporate Profile
- B.3 Business Segment Analysis
- B.4 Major Products & Services
- B.5 Future Perspective: Allied Irish Banks
- C. Competitor Profiles
- C.1 Bank of Ireland
- C.1.1 Corporate Profile
- C.1.2 Business Segment Analysis
- C.2 Barclays PLC
- C.2.1 Corporate Profile
- C.2.2 Business Segment Analysis
- C.3 HSBC Holdings plc
- C.3.1 Corporate Profile
- C.3.2 Business Segment Analysis
- D. SWOT Framework Analysis
- D.1 Strengths to Build Upon
- D.2 Weaknesses to Overcome
- D.3 Opportunities to Exploit
- D.4 Threats to Overcome
- E. Glossary of Terms