Hand File Tools Market - Global Outlook & Forecast 2022-2027
The global hand file tools market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.23% during 2022-2027.
Files are tools made of metal that are used predominantly on metal and wood; however, lately have been developed to be used on other materials such as plastic and other composites. The tool is mainly used to shape, size, or smoothen the workpiece. The tool is primarily used to shape, size, or smoothen the workpiece. Files are mainly of 2 types one is the machinist file, and the other is the Saw file.
Impact OF COVID 19 and Analysis
- The worldwide hand file tool market slowed along with the hand tool market because of the COVID-19 issue since most economical operations were suspended in 2020, particularly in Q1 and Q2 2020. Most major revenue-generating end-users, such as construction, automotive, commercial remodeling, and home improvement, were impacted, resulting in a drop in hand file tool sales. The curfew and lockdown procedures restricted employees and contractors from using hand file tools extensively, hurting the market's overall income generation during the period.
- As people were forced to confine themselves in their homes, the lockdown sparked a DIY and handicraft boom. People could also devote more time to pending house repairs and other renovation projects. During the pandemic, the demand for tool kits, art and timber tools, and repair tools increased, particularly in the files, wrenches, pliers, chisels, knives, and other hand tools segments.
- The demand for file tools is directly proportional to the need for hand tools which is closely linked to the demand for industrial requirements. During the COVID-19 crisis, most economic activities were suspended in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2020, resulting in a drop in the global industrial tool requirements. The key revenue-generating end-users were impacted by the construction, automotive, machinery, and handicrafts manufacturing industries, resulting in an inevitable drop in demand for new hand tools. The sale of the existing stock itself was complex. This, in turn, lowered the demand for hand file tools in the market.
OPPORTUNITY & CHALLENGE ANALYSIS
INCREASE IN DEMAND FOR INTERIOR DEVELOPMENT
- There has been a growth in the number of individuals who engage in DIY (Do it yourself) activities that need many hand tools, such as files, which are essential instruments for shaping, scraping, and precise finishing of the article. When the pandemic situation improved and people wanted to see change around them, the demand for interior design increased, with surging demand for hand tools and filing equipment in the market. Fixing cupboards, repairing auto lights, plumbing, and patchwork are typical home DIY jobs. They all require a simple set of hand tools such as files, hammers, and pliers rather than expensive power equipment, thus boosting the market for hand files. In the United States, most children and teenagers participate in intensive crafts. Crafting hobbies such as beading and jewelry, sewing, needle arts, wood crafts, and home décor are becoming increasingly popular, necessitating instruments such as file hammers and screwdrivers, thus driving the market for hand tools and meanwhile driving the market for hand files.
GROWTH IN THE AUTOMOTIVE SECTOR
- Motor vehicles remained one of the vital hand tools consuming sectors. Looking at the sales outlook of smaller cap countries such as Finland, Austria, and others in Europe, there will be substantial sales in the region, eventually driving the market for hand files. Therefore, the popularity of motor vehicles is driving the use of hand files in the region. Countries such as India, China, and Indonesia have seen rapid development in Asia over the past few years, underpinned by fast economic growth. They are the main countries supplementing demand in the automotive sector.
- The growth in developing economies has played a significant role in the development of the automotive sector across the globe. Vendors have excellent chances to capitalize on the expanding demand for automotive vehicles in emerging markets. Furthermore, as rivalry among multiple OEMs in developing economies heats up, suppliers have pushed for product differentiation. All these developments in the automotive sector will drive the consumption of machine tools in the region which would require hand tools such as files for efficient maintenance, thus driving the market for hand files.
ECONOMIC AND GEOPOLITICAL HINDRANCES
- Most nations worldwide, notably Europe and North America, have experienced an economic downturn because of the COVID-19 epidemic. Various limits established by numerous national governments to curb the virus's spread have increased the load on the world's already stressed and vulnerable health systems. However, in many nations, similar policies have negatively influenced economic growth. In addition, several nations have experienced a serious worldwide recession because of the global health crisis.
- Industrial development is critical to a country's or region's economic progress. The recession caused a drop in industrial and commercial activity in 2020, influencing the hand tool industry. The industrial sector was under rigorous lockdown to combat the spread of COVID-19, which caused a significant drop in hand file demand. Even if the situation has improved in certain nations, others, particularly India, continue to struggle. Worse, the Ukraine_ Russian war happened, further disturbing the hand files market.
Files are essential tools required to resize, reshape, or carve metal or wooden articles. Though files might appear to be highly simple-looking tools, they require certain skills and techniques to attain the desired result out of the workpiece. Files predominantly are used on metals; however, they are useful in scraping wooden articles or pieces. Files can also be classified into two categories: Machinist and Saw files. Machinist files (sometimes called engineer’s files) are used to shape and provide finishing to materials. They were designed with corners and curves in mind, allowing metalworkers to make slots and gaps with small or broad angles and curves of any gradient and form. Machinist files have various variants and are used for multiple purposes.
Market Segmentation by File Type
- Machinist Files
- Saw Files
Market Segmentation by Saw Files
- Taper Files
- Chainsaw File
- Mill File
File tools are metal tools or instruments usually used to remove the extra or unnecessary amount of material from a workpiece. Files are usually used in metalwork and woodwork. Other than that, files are also used for hobbies and other similar tasks. Most files out there have a similar structure; however, they vary regarding their utilities. A file used on metals is usually not used on wooden workpieces. Files are mostly used on metal pieces to alter the sizes and shapes of metal articles and for deburring and scraping purposes.
Market Segmentation by Application
GRADES OF CUT
Although all files perform the same activity, many files are available for different purposes. Files have different variants and differ in shape, material, length, and cut grades. There are 6 different grades of the amount available in files: rough, coarse, bastard, second cut, smooth, and dead smooth. Out of the previously mentioned bastard, double cut and smooth cut are the most common. When we talk about cut grades, it refers to the no. of teeth per centimeter or per inch. There are over 20 distinct cross-sectional styles, shapes, or patterns. The working surfaces of the single-cut file have rows of parallel teeth cut diagonally across them. The teeth in the double-cut file cross each other in rows. Single- and double-cut files are classified according to the coarseness or spacing of the teeth. The number of teeth per inch varies greatly depending on the form and size of the tooth. Single- and double-cut files are classified according to the coarseness or spacing of the teeth.
Market Segmentation by Grades of Cut
- Bastard Cut
- Second Cut
- Smooth Cut
The rising economic development, growth of industrial sectors, and increased demand for precision manufacturing tools have contributed to the growth of the global hand file tools market in recent years. APAC and Latin America are still significantly relying on hand tools such as hand files, thereby boosting the market growth. Hand files are used in various industries and applications, including automobile, electronics, aerospace, construction, flooring and roofing, repair, maintenance, and several others. The rapid initialization of tool alternatives in the heavy tools segment and cost factors are expected to drive the market in the US and Europe over the next five years.
APAC was the largest market for hand file tools in 2021, accounting for a 31.52% share. APAC is home to several industries, including manufacturing, services, automobiles, and electrical. This consequently increases the need for a unique assortment of hand tools, including hand files with accuracy in performance. While Japan and South Korea are major manufacturers and exporters of electrical appliances and automobiles, Singapore dominates with its excellent construction facilities. Furthermore, the increasing purchasing power of consumers and rising DIY culture among younger consumers is driving the regional residential tools market, including hand file tools.
Market Segmentation by Region
- South Korea
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
The global hand files market is characterized by low market concentration and high competition among the major players. The present scenario drives vendors to alter and refine their unique value propositions to achieve a strong market presence. Currently, the hand tools market is highly fragmented and dominated by vendors such as Stanley Black & Decker, Snap-on, and numerous domestic tool manufacturers that manufacture hand tools per local demands and regulations. However, these significant vendors have a global presence in three major regions, North America, APAC, and Europe, which are the major hot spots for the tools industry.
The market competition is expected to intensify further with an increase in product extensions, growth in tool innovations, and merger and acquisition activities, which widens the scope for utilizing a broader range of categories in the market. The global players are expected to grow inorganically by acquiring regional or local players in the future.
- Stanley Black & Decker
- Snap On Incorporated
- Apex Tool Group
- JK Files India
Other Prominent Vendors
- Taparia Tools
- ICS Cutting Tools
- Zoro UK
- Faithfull Tools
- Remax Tools
- Falcon Tool Company
- WoodWorld of Texas
- TOPTUL TAIWAN
- SNA Europe
- CS UNITEC, INC.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. How big is the global hand file tools market?
2. What is the growth rate of the global hand file tools market?
3. What are the trends in the global hand file tools market?
4. What are the growth factors in the hand file tools market?
5. Who are the key players in the global hand file tools market?