AMA Research are pleased to announce the publication of the 9th edition of the report ‘Wall Cladding Market Report – UK 2014-2018 Analysis
’. Incorporating original input and secondary research, this report represents an up to date and informed review of the market and the report provides an analysis of a number of product categories, outlined below:
- Facing clay and concrete bricks
- Profiled sheets & composite panels
- External wall insulation systems
- Manufactured renders
- Artificial stone products
- Curtain wall and structural glazing systems
- Other fascias and rainscreen products - e.g. timber, metal cassettes, high pressure laminates, terracotta tiles, copper & zinc sheeting, fibre cement sheeting, natural stone, precast concrete panels etc.
The sector has experienced a volatile period, though the more recent performance offers some optimism for improvement in the short to medium term future. The recent upturn in demand has been underpinned by improvements in investor confidence, the Help to Buy scheme, energy efficiency measures and increases in activity in key sectors - most notably private housebuilding, London commercial offices, waste management & renewable energy facilities and social housing RMI. The sector is expected to show continued growth over the medium term, though there will be significant variations in demand between the different cladding materials.
Key areas of opportunities over the next two years are likely to be; the housebuilding sector, due to the ongoing housing shortage; waste management and energy from waste facilities, mainly underpinned by EU 2020 targets for recycling and renewable energy; ‘Internet’ retailers’ warehousing, driven by the trend towards online shopping; energy efficiency legislation, which is driving up the need for external wall insulation.Of particular interest:
Key areas covered in the report include:
- Analysis of key product / material groups in terms of area installed. Split by material types where appropriate, variations in performance. Market size and mix by value.
- Market forecasts for key product sectors up to 2018.
- Forecasts for construction output by end use sector 2014-2018.
- Review of key end use sectors & distribution channels.
- Leading suppliers and market share estimates in the key product/material sectors.
- Supplier reviews by key product types.
TOTAL MARKET OVERVIEW
- Total wall cladding market 2008 - 2013 - market analysis by area installed and by value, key market drivers e.g. general newbuild output levels; legislation etc.
- Assessment of recent trends in key end-user markets and impact on wall cladding including construction output 2008 – 2013. Individual sections for; housebuilding output and forecasts, offices, industry, leisure, education, retail and healthcare.
- Forecasts for wall cladding market by area installed 2014 – 2018 and underlying factors.
- Construction forecasts for key end-use sectors 2014 – 2018; assessment of potential market drivers including; new orders, The Green Deal and Energy Company Obligations, demand for waste management infrastructure and energy from waste plants, the growth in online retailing and the need for additional warehousing.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- Market mix by product types at ‘headline’ level by area installed 2013. Market value for each main product type.
- Typical end use mixes for each material type and split by broad end-use application by area installed – housing/non-housing, new build/RMI etc. as appropriate.
- Main product sectors covered: Facing Bricks, External Wall Insulation Systems, Manufactured Renders, Metal Profiled & Composite Panels, Artificial Stone, Curtain Wall, Others (specialist flat sheet materials e.g. HPL, fibre cement, calcium silicate; zinc, aluminium, copper; brick slips, hanging tiles, terracotta tiles; natural stone; ceramic granite, weatherboarding & timber).
- For each main product group: Definitions – what the section includes and excludes, Market size and trends – market size in 2008-2013, assessment of product performance, key areas of application.
- Forecasts for main product groups 2014-2018 – by area installed, identification of market drivers, growth/declining sectors, opportunities and threats.
- Review of supply and distribution structures - Clay Facing Bricks, Renders & External Wall Insulation Systems, Metal Profiled & Composite Panels, Masonry Facing Products (i.e. artificial stone, architectural precast concrete panels & precast concrete blocks), Curtain Wall, Other Cladding Products (e.g. specialist flat sheet materials e.g. HPL, fibre cement, calcium silicate; zinc, aluminium, copper; brick slips, hanging tiles, terracotta tiles; natural stone; ceramic granite, weatherboarding & timber).
- Channel mixes – where possible assessment of product distribution channels & identification of key manufacturers/suppliers and market shares.
- Manufacturer / supplier reviews - brick makers, distributors & factors; metal panel manufacturers; curtain wall suppliers & contractors; render systems suppliers; cast stone & precast concrete panel manufacturers; suppliers of rainscreen cladding systems etc.