RMS – Northern Road Upgrade: Narellan to M4 Motorway – New South Wales - Project Profile
"RMS – Northern Road Upgrade: Narellan to M4 Motorway – New South Wales - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "RMS – Northern Road Upgrade: Narellan to M4 Motorway – New South Wales - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
The Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) of New South Wales is undertaking the upgrade of a road in New South Wales, Australia.
The project involves the upgrade of a 35km road from two to four-lane and converts an undivided road from six to eight lane divided road.
The project will be developed in seven sections as follows:
- Section one (Stage one): The Old Northern Road, Narellan and Peter Brock Drive, Oran Park (3.3km);
- Section two (Stage two): Peter Brock Drive, Oran Park, and Mersey Road, Bringelly (11.3km);
- Section three (Stage four): Mersey Road, Bringelly and Eaton Road, Luddenham (5.5km);
- Section four (Stage four): Eaton Road, Luddenham and Littlefields Road, Luddenham (4.5km);
- Section five (Stage four): Littlefields Road, Luddenham and Glenmore Parkway, Glenmore Park (6km);
- Section six (Stage three): Glenmore Parkway, Glenmore Park and Jamison Road, South Penrith (4km);
- Section seven (Stage two): The Northern Road and Bringelly Road Interchange (Underpass). It also includes a 4.3km upgrade of Bringelly Rd, between King St at Rossmore, and The Northern Rd, at Bringelly.
The project will include the construction of service roads, intersections, bridges, toll plazas, pedestrian walkways and related infrastructure, and the installation of signalling and safety systems.
In August 2010, RMS held two community information sessions for the proposed access strategy for the upgrade of The Northern Road.
In December 2011, RMS held three community information sessions for the preliminary concept design.
In October 2012, the concept design for the widening of a road under stages one and two and a review of environmental factors (REF) displayed for community comment.
Lend Lease Corporation has been appointed as a consultant, Environmental Planning Pty Ltd as environment consultant, and J. Wyndham Prince as consulting engineer.
In October 2014, GHD Global Pty Ltd was appointed as design contractor for the second stage.
On May 13, 2015, tenders were invited from pre-qualified contractors with RMS under the National Prequalification Scheme at Class R4/F50 or higher for the construction of stage one with a submission deadline of July 15, 2015. This work consists of earthworks, construction of a bridge and asphalt paving works. The pre-qualified bidders are:
- Seymour Whyte constructions Pty Ltd
- Georgiou Group Pty Ltd
- BMD Constructions Pty Ltd
- Burton Contractors Pty Ltd
- John Holland Pty Ltd
- McIlwain Civil Engineering Pty Ltd
On November 18, 2015, the construction contract for stage one was awarded to Georgiou Group Pty Ltd.
On February 24, 2016, construction work commenced on stage one and is expected to complete in 2019.
The Government of Australia is providing $853 million and the NSW Government is providing $244 million funds towards the construction of this project.
In December 2016, Lendlease appointed as a design-build contractor, and Bellwether Contractors as a project manager for the Section VI (Stage three) of the project.
In May 2017, Lendlease appointed as contractor for the Section II and Section VII, with construction expected to commence on this section in the third quarter of 2017 and scheduled to be completed in 2020.
The environmental impact assessment on Section III, IV, and V is underway and will be for public consultation in the second quarter of 2017.
Construction work on Section II slated to commence in 2017 with a completion in the third quarter of 2020.
In June 2017, RMS developed a concept design and prepared an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the upgrade of Section III, IV and V.
As of August 2017, Construction works on Section I and Section VI and construction of site compound for the Section II are underway and public consultation on Section III, IV and V is being held until August 2, 2017.
Construction activities on Section I and Section VI are expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2018 and in the fourth quarter of 2019 respectively. The entire project is anticipated for completion by mid-2020.
The project involves the upgrade of the 35km road from two to four-lane undivided road to a six to eight lane divided road connecting old northern road, Narellan to M4 Motorway in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
The US$1,097 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of service roads
2. Construction of new intersections
3. Construction of bridges
4. Construction of toll plazas
5. Construction of 3m wide off-road shared pedestrian and cyclist path
6. Construction of traffic lights to access precincts
7. Installation of safety barriers and landscaping
8. Installation of a central median
9. Installation of new street lighting, and drainage system
10. Installation of new retaining walls
11. Installation of new noise barriersReasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook