Project Insight – Global Leisure and Hospitality Projects
Spending on leisure and hospitality construction has improved significantly since 2012, rising to US$181 billion in 2016 and forecast to reach US$232 billion by 2021, supported by growing tourism, particularly in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East and Africa. Within these, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the UAE and Qatar are all expected to grow at above 7% per year, with huge developments planned or in progress.
As of November 2017, the Construction Intelligence Center’s (CIC) Projects Database was tracking a total of US$2.7 trillion-worth of leisure and hospitality-related projects globally, from announcement to execution. Mixed-use projects, which also include commercial and residential developments, represent a total of US$2.1 trillion and include major projects such as the Al Zorah Mixed-Use Development, Falconcity of Wonders Mixed-Use Development and the Jumeriah Central Mixed-Use Development.
The pure leisure and hospitality project pipeline is far smaller, at US$617 billion, and include the US$14bn Lagonaki Ski Resort in Russia and the US$13.6bn Al Ogair Tourism Destination in Saudi Arabia.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of leisure and hospitality construction, including overall market size and growth, with forecasts to 2021, key tourism trends driving the market and a detailed analysis of 5,390 projects by country, region and stage.
The report provides an overview of the global leisure and hospitality buildings construction sector.
The report covers analysis of the project pipelines, with details on all major projects, project ownership and main contractors.
The report provides a detailed analysis of the global leisure and hospitality buildings construction market. It features an analysis of US$2.7 trillion-worth of leisure and hospitality-related projects globally, from announcement to execution, and listings of the top 50 projects globally and top 20 for each region.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight into main drivers of leisure and hospitality construction and forecasts by country and region to 2030.
- Analyse the size and growth of the leisure and hospitality construction sector, with forecasts for over 80 markets to 2021
- Assess the major project pipeline, with analysis by value, location, stage overall and for the leading ten markets in each region to support business development activities.
- Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
- Overall spending on leisure and hospitality construction was US$181bn in 2016, and predicted to rise by 5.2% per year in nominal terms to 2021
- The largest markets by construction output value are the US, China and the UK with spending of US$56bn, US$39bn and US$10bn respectively.
- The largest region by project pipeline for mixed-use leisure and hospitality projects is the Middle East and Africa, which is dominated by the UAE, ahead of Asia-Pacific. For pure leisure and hospitality projects, the largest is Asia-Pacific and largest single country by project pipeline value is the US.
- Based on all projects in development and execution commencing on schedule, the total pipeline peaks at US$452 billion in 2019.
- The leading global contractors are China State Construction, ACS and Arabtec, whilst the leading architects and designers are Gensler, HKS, Arcadis and Woods Bagot.
- Executive Summary
- Leisure and Hospitality Trends and Drivers
- International Tourist Arrivals
- Table International Tourist Arrivals, 1990-2030
- Table International Tourist Arrivals, Most Visited Countries, 2016
- International Tourist Receipts
- Table International Tourist Receipts By Region, 2010-2016
- Table International Tourist Receipts - Top 10 Countries, 2016
- Growth in Hotels and Hotel Rooms
- Table Number of Hotels by Region, 2009-2021
- Table Number of Hotel Rooms by Region, 2009-2021
- Investment by Leading Hotel Groups
- Table Largest Hotel Groups by Number of Rooms, Q3 2017
- The Leisure and Hospitality Construction Market
- Table Output Value of Leisure and Hospitality Construction by Region, 2006-2021
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- The Middle East
- The Americas
- Table Leisure and Hospitality Construction Output Value (nominal) by Country, 2006-2021
- Construction Project Pipeline Analysis
- Table Top 50 Leisure and Hospitality Projects by Value, All Leisure and Mixed-Use
- Table Top 50 Leisure and Hospitality Projects by Number of Hotel Rooms, All Leisure and Mixed-Use
- Table Top 50 Leisure and Hospitality Projects by Value, Leisure Only
- Table Top 20 Leisure and Hospitality Projects by Value in the Asia-Pacific, Leisure Only
- Table Top 20 Leisure and Hospitality Projects by Value in Europe, Leisure Only
- Middle East and Africa
- Table Top 20 Leisure and Hospitality Projects by Value in Middle East and Africa, Leisure Only
- The Americas
- Table Top 20 Leisure and Hospitality Projects by Value in The Americas, Leisure Only
- Company Analysis
- Architects and Designers
- Table Top 12 Leisure and Hospitality Architects and Designers by Active Project Count (Leisure and Mixed-use)
- Table Top 15 Leisure and Hospitality Contractors by Active Project Count