NSH – New Summit Pumped Storage Power Plant 1500 MW – Ohio - Project Profile
"NSH – New Summit Pumped Storage Power Plant 1500 MW – Ohio - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "NSH – New Summit Pumped Storage Power Plant 1500 MW – Ohio - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
New Summit Hydro LLC (NSH) is planning to build a hydroelectric power plant in Norton, Ohio, the US.
The project involves the construction of a 1,500MW hydroelectric power plant on 32ha of land.
It includes the construction of an excavated, diked, and asphalt-lined upper reservoir, a lower underground reservoir, an underground powerhouse and appurtenant structures, including six 250MW variable-speed reversible pump turbines, power plant buildings and surface structures, a concrete-lined power tunnel, an underground transformer gallery and six steel concrete-lined penstocks, the installation of equipment and transformers, and the laying of 345kV overhead transmission lines.
In April 2014, NSH submitted an application to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
On October 16, 2014, NSH received approval from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to conduct feasibility study.
The New Summit Pumped Storage project involves the construction of a 1,500MW hydroelectric power plant on 32ha of land in Norton, Ohio, the US.
The US$3,000 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of an excavated, diked, and asphalt-lined upper reservoir
2. Construction of a lower underground reservoir
3. Construction of an underground powerhouse and appurtenant structures
4. Construction of power plant buildings and surface structures
5. Construction of a concrete-lined power tunnel
6. Construction of an underground transformer gallery
7. Construction of six steel concrete-lined penstocks
8. Installation of equipment and transformers
9. Laying of 345kV overhead transmission linesReasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook