NPRA – Sotra to Bergen Road Development – Hordaland - Project Profile
"NPRA – Sotra to Bergen Road Development – Hordaland - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "NPRA – Sotra to Bergen Road Development – Hordaland - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
The Norwegian Public Roads Administration (NPRA) plans to undertake the construction of a road from Sotra to Bergen in Hordaland, Norway.
The project involves the construction of a 9.4km four-lane section of the Rv 555, 0.7km of the Fv 562 Askøyvegen, 24km two lane roads/access roads, a 13.8km pedestrian/cycle path of 3m width, a 7.8km cycle path with a pedestrian pavement of 5m width, 954m long suspension sotra bridge of 29.5m width, and separate pedestrian path and separate cycle lanes of 5m width with bridge towers of 144m-high.
It includes 19 bridges, 11 overpasses/underpasses and 21 tunnel portals, six two-level intersections, 11km rock tunnel consists of 950m Kolltveit tunnel, 850m Straume tunnel, 750m Knarrvika tunnel, Drotningsvik tunnel, junctions in tunnel and ramps to Drotningsvik of 2000m long, reconstruction of Harafjell tunnel, 3 tunnels for pedestrians/cyclists; Janahaugen, Kiplehaugen and Harafjellet.
The project will be implemented through a Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis.
The construction contractor is expected to be appointed in 2018 and scheduled to be completed in 2023.
Stakeholder Information: Planning Authority: The Norwegian Public Roads Administration (NPRA)
The project involves the construction of a road from Sotra to Bergen in Norway.
The US$1,075 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of the 9.4km four-lane section of the Rv 555
2. Construction of 0.7km of the Fv 562 Askøyvegen
3. Construction of 24km two lane roads/access roads
4. Construction of a 13.8km pedestrian/cycle path of 3m wide
5. Construction of a 7.8km cycle path with pedestrian pavement of 5m wide
6. Construction of a 954m long suspension bridge sotra bridge of 29.5m wide
7. Construction of a separate pedestrian path and separate cycle lane of 5m wide
8. Construction of bridge towers of 144m high
9. Construction of 19 other bridges, 11 overpasses/underpasses
10. Construction of 21 tunnel portals
11. Construction of six two-level intersections
12. Construction of 11km rock tunnels
13. Construction of an 950m kolltveit tunnel
14. Construction of an 850m straume tunnel
15. Construction of an 750m knarrvika tunnel
16. Construction of the drotningsvik tunnel
17. Reconstruction of the Harafjell tunnel
18. Construction of three tunnels for pedestrians/cyclists