DTCS – Mirbat Beach Mixed-Use Development – Dhofar Governorate - Project Profile
"DTCS – Mirbat Beach Mixed-Use Development – Dhofar Governorate - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "DTCS – Mirbat Beach Mixed-Use Development – Dhofar Governorate - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Dhofar Tourism Company SAOG (DTCS) is planning to undertake the construction of an integrated tourism complex (ITC) in Dhofar Governorate, Oman.
The project involves the construction of mixed-use facilities on 200ha of land including the construction of residential units comprising villas, apartments, a golf course, a marina with a capacity to accommodate up to 75 boats, accompanying health services, a private school, a hospital, nursery and kindergarten schools, a clinic, malls, aerobatics and aquatic games, a 300-room five star hotel and 534 furnished apartments. It will have a total of 1,600 units including villas and apartments.
The project is planned to be constructed in five phases.
The first phase included the construction of a five-star Salalah Marriott Beach Resort featuring 234 well-appointed rooms including Royal, Presidential, Diplomatic and Executive Suites and Chalets, restaurants, including All Day Dining Restaurant seating 120 guests, Seafood Restaurant seating 95 guests, Piano Lounge seating 44 guests, Arabic Café seating 77 guests, English Pub seating 55 guests and Cigar Lounge seating 30 guests, a banquet hall seating 240 including a separate Seminar Room and Conference Room; Frankincense Spa with four treatment rooms, swimming pools including Children's Swimming Pools and a Water Park, an extra divers diving center including a Diving School and five retail shops.
The second phase will include the construction of a signature five-star hotel with 300 rooms, 538 furnished apartments, a Marina with a berthing facility for around 75 boats, 161 marina apartments of between 225 - 400m2 area, 87 townhouses of 210-340m2 area, 88 boulevard apartments of 200-300m2 area, 47 golf villas of 300-340m2 area, 10,000m2 of retail space, 10,000m2 of office space, a nine-hole golf course, a golf clubhouse, a water park, a private hospital and clinic with a helipad on the roof, a nursery/child care facility and entertainment and interpretative center for children and adults.
The third phase will include the construction of 533 townhouses of 210-340m2 area, 10 golf villas of 300-340m2 area, a sports complex with both indoor and outdoor sport facilities and private school with boarding facilities and an indoor games area.
The fourth phase will include the construction of 384 village houses of 280-420m2 area and activity area for horse and camel riding.
The fifth phase will include the construction of 290 villas split between 100 villas of 300m2 area, 95 villas of 375m2 area and 95 villas of 450m2 area, which will range between two- and three-story buildings.
Parsons Corporation has been appointed as project manager for entire project and design consultant for first and second phases.
Hamptons International has been appointed as the marketing consultant.
Modern Contracting has been appointed as construction contractor for first phase.
In October 2008, DTCS signed a funding agreement with Oman Arab Bank, Bank Dhofar, Hamptons International and Wunderman.
DTCS received a royal subsidy of US$2.6 million and a soft loan of US$10.4 million from the Ministry of Finance.
The construction work on the first phase was completed in March 2010, and later on the remaining phases were placed on hold due to uncertain economic conditions.
In November 2014, DTCS revived the project plans and started considering various options to raise funds to finance future development.
The project involves the construction of an integrated tourism complex on 200ha of land in Mirbat, Dhofar Governorate, Oman.
The US$2,580 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a five-star Salalah Marriott Beach Resort
2. Construction of 234 well-appointed rooms
3. Construction of an All Day Dining Restaurant with seating capacity for 120 guests
4. Construction of a Seafood Restaurant with seating capacity for 95 guests
5. Construction of a Piano Lounge with seating capacity for 44 guests
6. Construction of an Arabic Café with seating capacity for 77 guests
7. Construction of an English Pub with seating capacity for 55 guests
8. Construction of a Cigar Lounge with seating capacity for 30 guests.
9. Construction of a banquet hall seating with seating capacity for 240
10. Construction of a separate Seminar Room and Conference Room
11. Construction of a Frankincense Spa with four treatment rooms
12. Construction of swimming pools and water parks
13. Construction of Extra Divers Diving Center
14. Construction of five retail shops
1. Construction of a Signature five-star hotel
2. Construction of 300 rooms
3. Construction of 534 furnished apartments
4. Construction of a marina with berthing facility for 75 boats
5. Construction of 161 Marina Apartments
6. Construction of 87 townhouses
7. Construction of 88 boulevard apartments
8. Construction of 47 golf villas
9. Construction of 10,000m2 of retail space
10. Construction of 10,000m2 of office space
11. Construction of a nine-hole Golf Course
12. Construction of a golf clubhouse
13. Construction of a water park
14. Construction of a private hospital/clinic with a helipad on the roof
15. Construction of a nursery/child care facility
16. Construction of an entertainment and interpretative center for children & adults
1. Construction of 533 townhouses
2. Construction of 10 Golf Villas
3. Construction of a sports complex with both indoor and outdoor sport facilities
4. Construction of a private school with boarding facilities and an indoor games area
1. Construction of 384 village houses
2. Construction of activity area for horse and camel riding
1. Construction of 100 villas of 300m2 in size
2. Construction of 95 villas of 375m2 in size
3. Construction of 95 villas of 450m2 in size
Reasons To Buy