Market Research Logo

ANTT – High-Speed Railway System – Rio de Janeiro - Project Profile

ANTT – High-Speed Railway System – Rio de Janeiro - Project Profile

Synopsis

"ANTT – High-Speed Railway System – Rio de Janeiro - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.

The "ANTT – High-Speed Railway System – Rio de Janeiro - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.

Summary

Agencia Nacional de Transportes Terrestres (ANTT) is planning to undertake the construction of a High-Speed Railway System between Rio de Janeiro and the industrial city of Campinas via Sao Paulo City, in Brazil.

The project involves the construction of a 510km rail line linking seven stations, including stops at the international airports of Guarulhos (Sao Paulo), Viracopos (Campinas) and Antonio Carlos Jobim (Rio de Janeiro). It also includes construction of 103km bridges and overpasses.

The first stretch of the high-speed train line in Brazil will be between its main cities of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo.

A distance of 412km between the two city terminals: Campo de Marte in Sao Paulo and Station Central do Brasil in Rio de Janeiro will be covered in one hour and 25 minutes at a maximum speed of 360kmph.

The project will be done on a design, build, operate, and maintain (DBOM) basis.

Seven consortium companies from Japan, South Korea, China, France, Austria, Spain and Germany have announced their participation in the bid.

This includes a consortium of South Korean companies and government agencies, including state-run railway operator Korail and Korea Rail Network Authority, Hyundai Rotem and Hyundai Heavy Industries.

Up to 60% of the project cost will be borne by Brazil’s development bank, and the remaining 40% will be sought from the winning bidder who, upon completion, will be permitted to operate the line for up to 40 years.

The auction was launched for concession contract of TAV. The government is currently in the process of assessing the rate of return on the investment to 8 percent to 8.5 percent as per the market expectation.

Companies need to form Special purposes Vehicle to contest for concession contract of High-Speed Railway System (TAV).

Empresa de Planejamento e Logística (EPL) resumed the studies for the project.

As of July 2017, EPL concluded its studies saying the project is not feasible for today's economic equations of the country.

The governing authorities have not abounded the project but continue the process of conducting and updating the economic studies at regular intervals to construct when ever the market of the country feasibly needs it.

Scope

The project involves the construction of a High-Speed Railway System between Rio de Janeiro and the industrial city of Campinas via Sao Paulo City, in Brazil.

The US$20,500 million project includes the following:

1. Construction of 510 km high speed rail system

2. Installation of electrical and mechanical equipments

3. Construction of seven stations

4. Installation of centralized traffic control system (CTC)

5. Construction of 103 km bridges and overpassesReasons To Buy

  • Gain insight into the project.
  • Monitor the latest project developments.
  • Identify key project contacts.


1.Key Statistics
2.Key Dates
3.Sector
4.Operating metrics
5.Tender Information
6.Scope
7.Description
8.Latest update
9.Background
10.Key Contacts
11.General News, Project News
12.Appendix

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report