Smart weapons: Key Trends and Future Outlook 2018-2022
Increasing demand for smart weapons, research and development, and innovation in IT (Hardware and Software) are major factors that are likely to influence smart weapons growth during 2018-2022. The US, China, and Russia are projected to have highest demand for smart weapons. Smart missiles and bombs, smart sensors, and smart munitions will attract the large amount of investment over the next four years. Additionally, companies are currently concentrating research and development activity on missile, optical, and GPS technology due to the increase in network-centric warfare across the globe.
“Smart weapons: Key Trends and Future Outlook 2018-2022” is a report of an extensive survey drawn from SDI’s exclusive panel of industry respondents. These respondents are drawn from the SDI Industry Insight Panel, an exclusive industry panel covering business professionals worldwide. Comprehensive desk research was also conducted across defense industry sources with a focus on examining the key trends and outlook for smart weapons during 2018-2022. The report also highlights the factors that will influence smart weapons growth during 2018-2022 and the key challenges to developing smart weapons during 2018-2022.
The report further examines executives’ opinions on key drivers of smart weapons during 2018-2022. The report also presents executives’ opinions on expected changes in investment in smart weapons during the next four years, including key factors and major barriers for developing smart weapons during 2018-2022. It also highlights key potential markets to invest in and areas for technological advancement in smart weapons over the next four years.
In depth, this report provides the following -
- Smart weapons impact: examines the impact of smart weapons on the defense industry during 2018-2022.
- Key trends: identifies key factors, major growth drivers, and challenges that are likely to affect the smart weapons industry over the next four years.
- Change in demand for smart weapons: determines projected change in demand for smart weapons over the next four years, amidst expected defense budget cuts.
- Impact on suppliers’ revenue: tracks the expected change in revenue generated by suppliers due to the defense budget allocation to smart weapons during 2018-2022.
- Investment trends: determines the recent investment trends in smart weapons industries during 2018-2022.
- Impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics: determines the impact of AI and Robotics in smart weapons industry over the next four years.
Companies mentioned in this report: General Dynamics Corporation, The Boeing Company, ZALA AERO Group, Mazagon Dock Limited, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Harris Corporation, Orbital ATK, Inc.,
- Globally, 85% of executives anticipate high or very high impact of smart weapons on defense industry over the next four years
- In total, 68% of executives highlight that that research and development is the key factor that would influence the growth of the smart weapons market during 2018-2022
- Globally, 38% of executives indicate 10% to 25% increase in the demand for smart weapons over the next four years
- 58% executive from large-sized companies project the highest demand for smart weapons in China over the next four years
- Three-quarters of executives from large-sized companies anticipate smart sensors to attract more investment over the next four years
- Globally, 74% of executive indicate smart missile and bombs will attract the largest amount of investment over the next four years
Reasons to buy
- Helps to manage costs by providing information about the challenges faced in developing smart weapons during 2018-2022
- Assists organizations to actively plan for investments in smart weapons technologies
- Helps organizations to allocate funds for research and development activities carried out on smart weapons
- Provides information about changes in demand for new smart weapon technologies during 2018-2022