Global Man-Portable Military Electronics Market 2017-2027
Man-portable electronics market is expected to increase to US$6.4 Billion by 2027, representing a CAGR of 3.29% during the forecast period (2017-2027). Rapidly increasing demand for lighter but advanced man-portable electronic systems, demand for miniature UAVs, and soldier modernisation initiatives being undertaken by defense ministries across the world have stimulated demand for man-portable electronic systems globally.
Communication man-portable electronics segment is expected to account for the highest proportion of spending, followed by the markets for ISTAR and force protection systems. Rapidly growing demand for communication devices, primarily on account of maritime border disputes between neighboring countries and demand from outstation soldiers, has driven the market in past years. Over the forecast period, communication man-portable electronics will account for a majority share of 56.7% of the global market.
During 2017-2027, North America is expected to lead the global man-portable electronics market. The region’s spending will be largely driven by ongoing and planned future procurement programs of the US, which comprises a large majority of the region’s overall investments on man-portable electronics systems. The country is expected to continue to invest robustly on military procurements, including miniature-UAV, night vision devices, MANPADS, and tactical communication systems, among others, which in turn will drive demand for the overall man-portable electronics market.
Increasing complexities in modern day war techniques and soldier modernization programs have resulted in a heightened requirement for man-portable electronic devices in the military. Research and development (R&D) in man-portable electronics systems, such as tactical radios, thermal sights, infrared vision systems, and laser target designators, has led to the development of lighter and more efficient devices, which resulted in further demand for these devices, therefore contributing significantly to the growth of the global man-portable electronics systems market.
The report “Global Man-Portable Military Electronics Market 2017-2027” offers a detailed analysis of the industry, with market size forecasts covering the next ten years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for man-portable electronic systems, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Overview: Snapshot of the military man-portable electronic systems market during 2017-2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of expenditure with respect to regions as well as segments.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the military man-portable electronic systems market, and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the military man-portable electronic systems market from a segmental perspective, and a detailed analysis of factors that influence the market for each sector.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the military man-portable electronic systems market from a regional perspective, and a detailed analysis of factors that influence the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the military man-portable electronic systems segments that are expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment that are expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape analysis: Analysis of the competitive landscape of the global military man-portable electronic systems industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Harris Corporation, L3 Technologies, Elbit Systems, FLIR Systems, Thales, General Dynamics, Saab AB, Leonardo S.p.A, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon
- The global man-portable military electronics market, valued at US$4.7 billion in 2017, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.29% over the forecast period, to reach US$6.4 billion by 2027 and cumulatively value US$55.6 billion.
- The market consists of three categories: communication, ISTAR and force protection.
- The market is expected to be dominated by communication segment, which will account for 56.7% of the market, followed by ISTAR and force protection segments with shares of 28.4% and 14.9% respectively. North America is projected to dominate the sector with a share of 37.8%, followed by Asia Pacific, with an estimated share of 36.0%
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global man-portable electronics market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different man-portable electronic systems segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global man-portable electronics market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global military man-portable electronics market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top man-portable electronic solution providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook