The Australian Defense Industry - Market Entry Strategy to 2020: Market Profile
This report provides an analysis of possible ways to enter the market, together with detailed descriptions of how existing players have entered the market, including key contracts, alliances, and strategic initiatives.
SDI's The Australian Defense Industry - Market Entry Strategy to 2020: Market Profile is an essential source of information covering the market entry strategy into the defense industry in Australia.
It discusses key market entry aspects such as: market regulation, entry route and key challenges to entering the market, to offer the reader a better understanding of how the Australia defense industry operates and what business opportunities are available to them as new market entrants.
Reasons To Buy
The Australian Defense Industry - Market Entry Strategy to 2020: Market Profile allows you to:
Understand the market regulations in the Australia defense industry.
Get insight on market entry route into the market.
Understand the key challenges to enter into the market.
- 1 Introduction
- 1.1. What is this Report About?
- 1.2. Definitions
- 1.3. Summary Methodology
- 1.4. SDI Terrorism Index
- 1.5. About Strategic Defence Intelligence
- 2 Market Entry Strategy
- 2.1. Market Regulation
- 2.1.1. AIC program ensures the participation of local industry
- 2.1.2. Approval for foreign investment in defense sector set at US$216.2 million
- 2.2. Market Entry Route
- 2.2.1. Foreign military sales (FMS) to Australia
- 2.2.2. Establishing a domestic subsidiary is the preferred market entry route
- 2.2.3. Foreign OEMs sub-contract defense deals to domestic firms in order to enter the market
- 2.2.4. Foreign OEMs offer domestic companies access to global supply chains in order to enter the industry
- 2.2.5. DRSS provides opportunities to develop strong relations with the ADO
- 2.3. Key Challenges
- 2.3.1. Cost overruns and project delays continue to worry the defense industry
- 2.3.2. Low allocation of skilled labor in the defense sector
- 3 Appendix
- 3.1. About SDI
- 3.2. Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Table 1: FATA Approval for Acquisition within the Defense sector in Australia
- Table 2: FMS deals to Australia
- Table 3: Key Foreign OEMS and Subsidiaries
- Table 4: Small Projects with Cost Overruns
- Table 5: Major Projects with Cost Overruns
- Table 6: Project Delays