Virtusa - Big Data and Analytics Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's Big Data and Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for Virtusa is a comprehensive assessment of Virtusa's big data and analytics services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against theirr peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Virtusa provides most of its big data and analytics services through its Data & Analytics (D&A) practice. D&A has a headcount of 2k and is a horizontal practice within Virtusa Digital.
Virtusa Digital is a horizontal service line within Virtusa. In additon to D&A, it includes mobility, digital strategy, UX, IoT, AI/cognitive, and cybersecurity. D&A is the largest service line within Virtusa Digital and accounts for 57% of the 3.5k personnel within Virtusa Digital.
D&A in high growth mode, having grown form 950 FTEs in FY16 to 2.0k at the end of FY17. The acquistion of a majority stake in Polaris brought ~800 data specialists to D&A, with organic growwth of another 250 employees.
A priorty for D&A is to take a consultin-led approach to its big data and analytics projects. To achieve this, it is working with other Virtusa organizations including verrtical SMEs and digital consultants. Other priorities for D&A are around:
- Co-innovation: which is about implementing emerging technologies (e.g. AI) for clients
- Continued investment inacceleratorss and platforms: which includes its own big data platforms as well as accelerators around datat integrationn ( a key focus area), MDM, data lineage, and data masking
- Creating AI use cases: with current investment focused on preventive maintenance (IoT), telecom networkss fault analysis, and worker safety and productivity (IoT)
- Expanding its industry-specific solutions: and deepening their content which currently ranges form blueprints, somewhat resuable algorithms, to industry-specific offerings (mostly BFSI)
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Virtusa's big data and analytics services offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strengths, including
- Analysis of the company's offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Indentification of the companys strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base including the company's targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company's strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook