Testbirds - Crowdtesting
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Crowdtesting Assessment for Testbirds is a comprehensive assessment of Testbirds’ crowdtesting service offerings and capabilities designed for:
• Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for crowdtesting and software testing services
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the software testing and crowdtesting sectors.
Key Findings & Highlights
Crowdtesting services specialist firm Testbirds was founded in 2011. The company is headquartered in Munich, Germany. It has a headcount of ~100, with ~70 in Munich and the rest in several offices abroad (Amsterdam, Netherlands; Stockholm, Sweden, and London, U.K.). Testbirds also operates in Hungary and Russia, via franchises. The company also operates through partners, e.g., SQS/Expleo, QualiTest, NTT DATA, and HCL Technologies.
Testbirds has a community of ~400k testers across 200 countries and regions, making it one of the largest testing communities globally.
One of the early decisions of Testbirds was to raise capital to finance its growth and quickly expand its capabilities and its presence across countries. It has been through two main funding cycles (in 2014, raising €2.1m, and in 2016) and raised €12m in total. Testbirds counts among its investors EXTOREL, b-to-v Partners, and Seventure Partners. Looking ahead, the company wants to maintain its high level of investment in its capabilities. In parallel, Testbirds highlights it is planning to reach break-even profitability in 2019.
Testbirds has aligned its service portfolio around two main complementary offerings:
• Crowdtesting, which remains its main business
• Technology, which includes several key offerings such as desktop virtualization and emulations, and access to real devices, through its Real Devices (formerly GRDN) offering. Testbirds wants to maintain its investment in technology to differentiate its service portfolio and provide bundled crowdtesting and specialized testing services.
The company is highlighting that its longest clients are now ready to take over the management of crowdtesting projects, and Testbirds has therefore launched in the past two years, two self-service offerings to accompany them.
Major clients include Allianz, ABN AMRO, Deutsche Bank, Western Union, AfterPay, Swedbank, Santander, BNP Paribas, and PayBack.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Testbirds’ crowdtesting offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
• Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
• Revenue estimates
• Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
• Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
• Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook