TCS- Big Data and Analytics Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's Big Data and Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for TCS is a comprehensive assessment of TCS' big data and analytics services offerings and capabilities:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services andd identifying vendor suitability
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves agaisnt their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sector
Key Findings & Highlights
TCSS has provided EDW, analytics, and big data services since 1997, initally through its Business Intelligence practice. In 2013, its Analytics and Insights (A&I) practice. A&I is a horizontal service line with P&L and delivery responsibility.
TCS had initally put A&I under its Digital Enterprise Services nd Solutions unit, which grouped together mobile apps, social media, digital marketing, cloud computing, AI and robotics, IoT, e-commerce, big data, and information management.
However, at the start of FY18, TCS made a change in its organizationnal structure at the group level and brought the following three groups together into Business and Technology Services:
- Digital Transformation Services group: new practices focusing on various elements of the digital services stack, e.g. cybersecurity, enterprise application services, enterprise intelligent automation, digital interactive, cloud, analytics and IoT
- Cognitive Business Operations: include the BPS and IT infrastructure business
- Consulting and Systems Intergration
At the same time, other established service practices that have reached scale (including some industry-specific BPS businesses and the engineering sservices unit) were carved out and merged into the Industry Solution unit structure enabling these verticals units to have a more integrated portfolio.
Along with the organizational changes of FY18, A&I has gone through a perimeter change, with the transfer of TCS' data consulting capabilities form Consulting, and the transfer of its business analytics capabilities form TCS' BPS organization.
Scope of the Report
The report provies a comprehensive and objective analysis of TCS' big data and analytics services offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company's offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company's strategy, emphaiss and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base including the company targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company's strengths, weaknesses and outlook.