QualiTest- Digital Testing
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Software Testing Vendor Assessment for QualiTest is a
comprehensive assessment of QualiTest’s digital testing offerings and
capabilities designed for:
• Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for software testing services
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark
themselves against their peers
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the software testing sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
QualiTest Group (QTG) is a software testing and QA services vendor. It is privately owned and has a headcount of ~3.3k.
In September 2016, Marlin Equity Partners acquired a majority stake in QTG, with three objectives:
• Develop QTG’s service portfolio with new offerings, e.g. security testing, SAP testing
• Acquire competitors in the U.S, U.K., and India, and in sectors with a focus on BFSI
• Invest in IP and platforms and make QTG a more integrated firm
(rather than a collection of three successful but largely independent
operations). Along with this integration effort, QTG wants to shift its service portfolio towards digital and DevOps/continuous testing.
Because of the new PE ownership, QTG acquired:
• Test Direct in November 2016. Test Direct complemented QTG’s geographical presence in the U.K. (expanding its presence from Bristol to the North and Midlands of England), brought 80 personnel, a client base in BFSI and retail, and a nearshore center in the North of Manchester (Preston), with a headcount of ~15
• Experior Group in June 2017. Experior is a SAP testing services
specialist founded in 2002, and is based in Staines, England (close to London). Experior provides both functional and non-functional SAP
testing services. QualiTest intends to roll out SAP testing capabilities across the group and create SAP CoE in India and the U.S. in H2 2017
• Pytheus Cyber Security, a security testing firm headquartered in
Plymouth, MI in the U.S. Pytheus will be part of a newly-created cyber security testing service line within Qualitest. The security testing service line will provide application security testing and penetration testing (“ethical hacking”).
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of
QualiTest’s digital testing offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
• Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
• Revenue estimates
• Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new
• Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the
company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
• Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.