NTT Data - Healthcare Payer BPS
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s profile of NTT DATA’s Healthcare Payer Business Process Services (BPS) is a comprehensive assessment of service offerings and capabilities designed for:
• Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers to deliver business process services to healthcare payers
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
NTT DATA’s corporate restructuring does not appear to be disruptive to the health plan BPS business, which is operating with independence and with confidence. Since 2015, when it acquired Dell Services’ 47 health plan clients, NTT DATA has increased the number of health plan clients by 15 accounts (approximately half are BPS clients and the remainder are IT services clients only).
When NTT DATA acquired Dell Services in November 2016, it added $1.7bn in annual revenue to its own NTT DATA Services business, creating a new unit, NTT DATA Services with an IT and business process services (BPS) business with $4.3bn in revenue and 48,000 employees. NTT DATA had lacked a significant presence in the U.S. healthcare payer market prior to the acquisition, but with the acquisition of Dell services NTT DATA has positioned itself as an important vendor of BPS to commercial U.S. health plans.
Particularly through its heritage with Perot Systems (via Dell Services), NTT DATA boasts decades of service to commercial health plans for outsourcing services, particularly with:
• Customer/member engagement call centers
• A wide variety of claims processing platforms
• Member enrollment and billing services
• Member benefit configuration.
NTT DATA serves payer BPS clients with delivery facilities located in:
• U.S. (3,500 FTEs)
• India (4,500 FTEs)
• Philippines (600 FTEs)
• China (25 FTEs).
NTT DATA is committed to developing long-term relationships with its clients in the future based on Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and/or gainsharing contracts where possible. This approach appears to be gaining traction. In November 2018 NTT DATA announced that it had been awarded a BPaaS contract with a major health plan for seven years' worth >$200M for management of IT infrastructure and BPS. It includes digital transformation, management of claims processing, member and provider engagement. The payer has not yet been named.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of the NTT DATA’s offerings, capabilities, and market presence in support of business process transformation through the application of healthcare payer BPS including the company’s:
• Offerings and key service components
• Delivery organization
• Customer base, including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts (where available)
• Revenue estimates for healthcare payer BPS
• Strategy, emphasis and new developments in support of healthcare payer BPS
• Strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook